You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
logitech C922 on ubuntu won't work properly
Liam Dawe Oct 2, 2018
For some reason the logitech C922 on Ubuntu refuses to work properly. Yet it works fine under Windows, tested there to ensure it's not broken.

99% of the time it's just not picked up by cheese, OBS or anything.

What can I do folks?
Ehvis Oct 2, 2018
I had a similar issue where my ps3eye (mostly used as mic) was occasionally not detected and required a re-plug.

I have since rearranged some USB devices to other ports and it hasn't happened since then. That may be worth a try.
Liam Dawe Oct 2, 2018
Managed to eventually get it to work, Webcams on Linux seems to have an extreme dislike for being hotplugged.

Now the issue is terrible picture quality, when before it was great.
Liam Dawe Oct 2, 2018
As it turns out, webcams hate specific USB ports...
devnull Oct 2, 2018
Sure it isn't udev rules? Had that happen. As for the quality, OBS should have the right defaults but there is some settings you need right if you're trying to use anything else.
Liam Dawe Oct 2, 2018
Quoting: devnullSure it isn't udev rules? Had that happen. As for the quality, OBS should have the right defaults but there is some settings you need right if you're trying to use anything else.
In specific USB ports it doesn't seem to get detected.

Some errors too: https://pastebin.com/VQEX0z7Y
devnull Oct 2, 2018
Are any of them USB3?
Liam Dawe Oct 2, 2018
Quoting: devnullAre any of them USB3?
It works in USB3/USB2, just not the USB2 on the front on my PC...yet other things do.
tuxintuxedo Oct 2, 2018
Front ports tend to be more problematic. It means an additional cable and in some cases, a shared port (not an individual one).
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.