You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
  Go to:
Navi , Polaris succesor to launch on Q1 2019
debianxfce commented on 6 December 2018 at 8:59 am UTC

Waiting for RX 3000 series gpus to work in Linux takes a long time. There is nothing in the AMD wip kernel, so January 2019 is impossible. First you need to have these new cards on the market and it takes about a month when you have stable Linux driver. OEMs do their own bioses like with RX590 and that makes the open source Linux driver development more difficult.

Xpander commented on 6 December 2018 at 10:54 am UTC

Who said January? January they will probably be revealed officially at CES 2019. Launch is more likely May/June timeframe (or at Computex 2019), like with new Ryzen 3rd Gen.

Naming of the GPUs is a bit odd if true, but well i guess they want to line up with the ryzen numbers and then also its marketing, so they have higher numbers than nvidia. But yeah, since the RX590 problems i wouldnt hold my hope for day 1 amazing support.

debianxfce commented on 6 December 2018 at 1:32 pm UTC

XpanderWho said January?

Topic of this discussion and the original rumour. Revealing is not same as launch to markets. VSS Enterprise should had been transporting people to the orbit years ago, it did crash in 2014.

vss enterprise

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts