Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Free SW2 on GOG
Page: «2/4»
  Go to:
adamhm Oct 4, 2018
Maybe, but Proton as a whole is not dependent on Steam to work.
Shmerl Oct 4, 2018
OK. I simply prefer to take Wine and apply needed add-ons when needed. Esync though looks like a thorny one since it's a patch, not a simple dll add-on, and they aren't going to upstream it.

And it looks like the original repo is not updated anymore:

https://github.com/zfigura/wine/tree/master
https://github.com/zfigura/wine/tree/esync

Any idea how it's supposed to be used?
Avehicle7887 Oct 4, 2018
This game works great with DXVK, I've been at it for a few weeks now, and for the cost of nothing you're getting a great deal.
adamhm Oct 4, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlOK. I simply prefer to take Wine and apply needed add-ons when needed. Esync though looks like a thorny one since it's a patch, not a simple dll add-on, and they aren't going to upstream it.

With my wrappers I have the option of using Wine & Wine Staging builds provided by PlayOnLinux or Lutris as required, and when everything's ready they'll be able to use certain Proton builds as well.

One of the really nice things I like about Proton is it doesn't let games alter the display resolution (back when I used KDE it was a nightmare whenever this happened because it would always leave a mess of my desktop) - instead, Proton scales them to fit. This feature is very nice for older games that run at fixed resolutions, or games that initially start up at some standard resolution rather than detect & use the current desktop resolution.
Sputnik_tr_02 Oct 4, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlThey don't need Galaxy to use it. They already have Wine bundled releases like Flatout 2. Nothing stops GOG from using Wine+addons for newer games. Except their general rather lax attitude towards Linux releases.
I think they should offer both if they can, with and without Galaxy. I can understand that it might be too much work for them to bundle and support the games but they should definitely at least port the Galaxy Client already, i think this is the perfect time to do so as Windows monopoly is as much of a threat (UWP) for them as like it is for Steam. They should start action as soon as possible if they care about their future and Linux.
Shmerl Oct 4, 2018
Quoting: adamhmOne of the really nice things I like about Proton is it doesn't let games alter the display resolution (back when I used KDE it was a nightmare whenever this happened because it would always leave a mess of my desktop) - instead, Proton scales them to fit. This feature is very nice for older games that run at fixed resolutions, or games that initially start up at some standard resolution rather than detect & use the current desktop resolution.

That sounds useful indeed. Does Wine plan to upstream that?
Shmerl Oct 5, 2018
Just tested it - it works pretty nicely in Wine+dxvk:

All settings on max, screen reflections on:

g000h Oct 5, 2018
Quoting: adamhmA wrapper for Shadow Warrior 2 is now available :)

Thanks very much. Just want to let you know - Your script worked fine for me. I needed to install icoutils and innoextract packages ( apt-get install icoutils innoextract ) on Debian Buster, but didn't need to install wine package. Ran your script, it did all the steps. Ran the start.sh and it was up and running... AND.... decent framerate in 4K too. I haven't really tweaked the graphics yet, but they look very nice (e.g. ultra quality textures).

Played about 30 minutes of the game so far, and no problems yet. Maybe I'll avoid booting into Windows for even longer :)

EDIT: My Nvidia driver is 390.87 and the game still works fine.
Ehvis Oct 5, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlAll settings on max, screen reflections on:

A few too many settings turned to on it seems. Chromatic aberration, ugh, I can't see how people can stand it.

Had one of those at the store when I was trying out mice as well. It had TW3 on ultra wide and it looked horrible. Until I figured out it had sharpening on max. Turned it off and everything looked great again. So many pointless hype settings these days.
YoRHa-2B Oct 5, 2018
Quoting: adamhmA wrapper for Shadow Warrior 2 is now available :)
That's quite nice.

Honestly, if the Multiplayer works (which I personally don't care about and never even tested), they could just ship something like that as an officially supported wrapped Linux build. It would need some QA, sure, but a native Linux version is apparently not going to happen anyway.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.