Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Free SW2 on GOG
Page: 1/4»
  Go to:
g000h Oct 4, 2018
All these years of waiting for Shadow Warrior 2 to either get a Linux port or get released at high discount.

I had been willing to pay full price for it, were it on Linux. Very very keen on it, and back in the day, when released it was mentioned that they intended to put out a Linux version.

Well, I've now picked it up for free on GOG as part of their 10th Anniversary celebrations.

Looks like I'll try it out with WINE (or dual-boot to Windows, duh) at some point in the near future.

Also some decent sale items on at GOG right now, too.
wvstolzing Oct 4, 2018
Hmmm... I was hoping for Firewatch to win.
g000h Oct 4, 2018
Well Firewatch is on GOG right now at 75% Discount.

One could possibly pay the developers as it is a Linux title =P
chui2ch Oct 4, 2018
Does galaxy work well in wine? It's required for multiplayer.
adamhm Oct 4, 2018
I'll be making a Wine/Proton wrapper for it, assuming that I can get it working well enough :)
Shmerl Oct 4, 2018
Just got it. Does multiplayer work for it in Wine (without Galaxy)?
Sputnik_tr_02 Oct 4, 2018
Quoting: chui2chDoes galaxy work well in wine? It's required for multiplayer.
I was testing Kubuntu 18.10 the other day on usb and i saw Galaxy Client in the Discover Software manager as a snap app, i did not test it tough.
Sputnik_tr_02 Oct 4, 2018
Quoting: adamhmI'll be making a Wine/Proton wrapper for it, assuming that I can get it working well enough :)
GOG should really consider bundling old games with Proton like your wrappers, that would be amazing. Perhaps they should port Galaxy to Linux and implement Proton with it like Steam.
Shmerl Oct 4, 2018
Isn't Proton Steam specific (like relying on Steam libs and such?). They should just use Wine+dxvk/esync and whatever other independent add-ons Proton is using, without Steam stuff.

They don't need Galaxy to use it. They already have Wine bundled releases like Flatout 2. Nothing stops GOG from using Wine+addons for newer games. Except their general rather lax attitude towards Linux releases.
adamhm Oct 4, 2018
A wrapper for Shadow Warrior 2 is now available :)

Quoting: ShmerlIsn't Proton Steam specific (like relying on Steam libs and such?). They should just use Wine+dxvk/esync and whatever other independent add-ons Proton is using, without Steam stuff.

Proton doesn't depend on Steam, although it does have some slightly different behavior; I've been working on adding support for it to my wrappers over the past few days or so. AFAIK there's nowhere that offers conveniently packaged builds of Proton, so currently I'm just using the builds provided by Steam (which I'll probably end up having to repack & upload to my dropbox for use by my wrappers).
Shmerl Oct 4, 2018
I thought it has some SteamVR related patches, so that sounds like Steam specific to me.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.