GTA V under Proton, stuck on loading?
slaapliedje Oct 6, 2018
So decided to check out Grand Theft Auto V with Proton, and it seemed to work wonderfully! Decent frames even at 2560x1440 and max details.

Unfortunately after doing the benchmarks, now it seems to not want to get past the loading. It just sits and says 'Loading' on the launcher after it shows that I've logged in.

Anyone else have this issue? When I looked it up under Windows, it seemed to be some sort of permissions issue perhaps, though I only saw the one video.

Ideas?
jens Oct 6, 2018
  • Supporter
I had this only once, after a while a message appeared that connecting to social club (or something like this) takes longer than expected. I waited somewhat longer, much longer than usual, and in the end the game still started.
Though not sure if this is your issue.
slaapliedje Oct 6, 2018
Trying to re-install it on my SSD to see if that helps any. It was weird because it was working just fine until I tried to run it from big picture mode so I could use the steam controller.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.