Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Custom mesa-git on ubuntu 18.04
f95-2 Oct 31, 2018
Hello.
I am trying to use custom-compiled mesa on my ubuntu.
I know that there are ppa's with already compiled mesa, but for some reason i do not want to use them, and want to compile it myself.

So I dowloaded llvm7, got mesa sources, did
CC=/opt/llvm-7/bin/clang CXX=/opt/llvm-7/bin/clang++ LLVM=/opt/llvm-7 scons build=release
and compilation seems to be alright.

I got build/linux-x86_64 folder with some stuff.

However, I cannot figure out what to do next.
Guides I found in internet seems to be outdated or I just cannot understand them.

Could you guys show me direction?
Liam Dawe Oct 31, 2018
Have you looked on our Wiki Page? I didn't write it and I don't use Mesa personally, so not sure how much help it will be. Just in case you didn't see it.
f95-2 Nov 1, 2018
It is not working for me at step 2 :)

sudo apt-get build-dep mesa

Got the error

Вы должны заполнить sources.list, поместив туда URI источников пакетов

(in Russian, yes. It means I have to fill sources.list by placing URI of package sources there).
Cannot find how to fix that.

Also, in the guide, the author wrote
QuoteI checked how the official distro package is configured

However, ob Ubuntu there is no 'mesa' package, but bunch of packages like mesa-utils, mesa-common-dev and so on.
Have no idea which configuration I have to use.
Guppy Nov 1, 2018
Haven't tried it my self yet, but the official build instructions seem fairly straight forward;
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa#build-install

Current meson version for 18.04 is 0.45.1 so that should work?
Guppy Nov 1, 2018
Managed to reproduce the "fill in sources " error on a blank machine, the fix is;

- open "Software & sources" from the menu
- check the "Source code" box
- Close ( & reload )

now sudo apt build-dep mesa will work

However meson still can't build on my 18.04 - because libdrm_intel is too old ( need 'libdrm_intel' ['>=2.4.95'] found '2.4.91' )
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.