Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Sorry for my absence
Hamish Jun 30, 2013
Just posting to say I am sorry for not being here for the past week as I was on a job which granted me only sporadic access to an internet connection.

And I also got my last High School exam done last Monday, meaning I am now effectively graduated. Woot! ^_^
Liam Dawe Jun 30, 2013
No worries man.

Congratulations on graduating :D
Hamish Jun 30, 2013
One thing I hope to get done now that I have some more time for a little bit is to get my reviews fixed up properly and get my new one submitted. I still am deciding on what is the best approach to take with the images though.
Liam Dawe Jun 30, 2013
I cannot figure out a good way to do an image uploader sadly so it will have to stay as external images for a good while.
Hamish Jun 30, 2013
Might just host the damn things on my icculus.org account, although I would like to know if there is a way of finding the original screenshot positions from the old website.
Liam Dawe Jul 1, 2013
Best way is to view them in source view (it will show the bbcode of where they where).
Hamish Jul 3, 2013
In case anyone has noticed that I have still not been posting, that is because my hard drive developed a mechanical fault soon after I started this thread. I should not have lost anything, and the hard drive is still under warranty so I should be able to get it replaced through RMA, but it has limited my computer time somewhat.
Liam Dawe Jul 5, 2013
That's a bit of bad luck right there, I recently invested in an external hard drive to have data backed up on :)
Hamish Jul 15, 2013
Well, I had a little look at getting the images fixed for my reviews but the old order still can not be ascertained by me, even with the source view. I might just need to grit my teeth and just re-add the images as I see appropriate.
Hamish Jul 16, 2013
Got my Pyschonauts review posted with the screenshots hosted on my icculus.org account. If it works here I will do the same for the others.

I actually had the text for the review done in May but was hampered by a lack of time and the lack of a proper system to handle the images. The screenshots themselves are still not all they could be (I never could find a screenshot key and instead was forced to use an external screen capture tool which meant I could only take still shots), but with my main computer down and my savegames lost I figured I better just grab the best shots I did have and just get the damn thing done already.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.