Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Any information about Metro Exodus on linux ?
Page: «4/4
  Go to:
mos Nov 20, 2020
jeez
the basic value of "recreations" is the ability to play great old games, not them being open or free. some of them aren't BTW (but those mostly come in the form of updated binaries from someone with the access to the source, rather than a full recreation since its not needed in this case)

PS Hey, Liam stop playing a snowflake and add a proper +/- instead of the stupid 🖤
PPS and yeah it's still no Linux no buy. Not making a fuzz of it, no fits or anything. Just not interested. It's 2020 FFS. *nix is virtually everywhere, die windust DIEEEE!11

Last edited by mos on 20 November 2020 at 9:03 pm UTC
Liam Dawe Nov 20, 2020
Quoting: mosPS Hey, Liam stop playing a snowflake and add a proper +/- instead of the stupid 🖤
No.
mos Nov 20, 2020

Any recent noises re subj? Or have those back in Feb been the last?
slaapliedje Nov 20, 2020
Quoting: Liam Dawe
Quoting: mosPS Hey, Liam stop playing a snowflake and add a proper +/- instead of the stupid 🖤
No.
Ha, yeah I don't see a need for a +/-, but occasionally it's easier to just make a laugh at a post rather than just a like.

Or a thanks. I like how AtariAge is set up. But not saying you should go through all the effort to set that up.
slaapliedje Nov 22, 2020
Quoting: mosjeez
the basic value of "recreations" is the ability to play great old games, not them being open or free. some of them aren't BTW (but those mostly come in the form of updated binaries from someone with the access to the source, rather than a full recreation since its not needed in this case)

PS Hey, Liam stop playing a snowflake and add a proper +/- instead of the stupid 🖤
PPS and yeah it's still no Linux no buy. Not making a fuzz of it, no fits or anything. Just not interested. It's 2020 FFS. *nix is virtually everywhere, die windust DIEEEE!11
For me, the engine recreations are great because they generally include enhancements, or even the ability to play older games on original platforms they were not originally released for. Take ScummVM for example. I can fire it up on the Amiga and play VGA enhanced versions that only came out for DOS! Or of course Doom, which has been ported to just about everything at this point.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.