Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
What's the first game you played on Linux?
Page: «2/6»
  Go to:
n30p1r4t3 Jul 26, 2013
Quoting: liamdaweUpdate: Now I remember, last game I purchased was King Arthur’s Gold in IGS.

How is it?
Liam Dawe Jul 26, 2013
Haven't even had a chance to test it yet heh, will probably give it a proper go Wednesday next week when I have a free day :D
n30p1r4t3 Jul 26, 2013
Quoting: liamdaweHaven't even had a chance to test it yet heh, will probably give it a proper go Wednesday next week when I have a free day :D

I understand completely.
Half-Shot Jul 28, 2013
Pretty sure it was either Cube2 or TuxKart, they are good fun afterall on that elderly ubuntu 9.04 box i used to have.

What's the first game you purchased for Linux?
Humble Bundle numero 3.

What's the last game you purchased for Linux?
Trine 2, cause it looks pretty. ( I still need to play it)

What free Linux game are you still playing?

Err, i'm in a dev team writing a platformer and i'm the Linux guy so i guess that makes it free?
ZosXaos Jul 29, 2013
Gah. So long ago I have no idea. Probably one of the included games in whatever Distro I started in. (I think it was Suse to be honest... With KDE... So probably something like Ksolitaire hah.)

What's the first game you purchased for Linux?
Specifically for use on Linux? One of the Humble Bundles most likely. For use on any system and it works on Linux? Minecraft probably.

What's the last game you purchased for Linux?
Prison Architect I think.

Whats the next game you will purchase for Linux?
If they follow through on their offer, Space Hulk probably. Gotta love some Warhammer 40k!

What free Linux game are you still playing?
None really. I'm terrible about reinstalling my OS once a week... Makes it hard to get back into games I was playing before the reinstall...
n30p1r4t3 Jul 31, 2013
Quoting: undefinedNone really. I'm terrible about reinstalling my OS once a week... Makes it hard to get back into games I was playing before the reinstall...

I have this problem all the time.
Liam Dawe Jul 31, 2013
Quoting: n30p1r4t3
Quoting: undefinedNone really. I'm terrible about reinstalling my OS once a week... Makes it hard to get back into games I was playing before the reinstall...

I feel you both, used to be doing that all the time, haven't re-installed for at least a month now though, next time I think I may well be going onto Mint though just like where they are heading.
Speedster Aug 1, 2013
Going to install Mint on my current computer in a couple months when it is time to give it away as a hand-me-down; I put gentoo + ubuntu on mine (ubuntu because it is officially supported for Unity the game engine, while skipping Unity the oddball desktop...)
n30p1r4t3 Aug 1, 2013
Quoting: liamdawe

I feel you both, used to be doing that all the time, haven't re-installed for at least a month now though, next time I think I may well be going onto Mint though just like where they are heading.

I love Ubuntu, but hate mint. Cinnamon is not "modern" in my opinion, and you can't deny that Unity looks beautiful.
ZosXaos Aug 1, 2013
Quoting: liamdawe

I love Ubuntu, but hate mint. Cinnamon is not "modern" in my opinion, and you can't deny that Unity looks beautiful.
We're so off topic, but eh, life is short.
I love cinnamon, I don't know, it feels like a desktop to me. Might be just me stuck in my ways, but Unity is just so slow to respond, and it feels "heavy". Mind you, I don't really look for pretty, it's why I don't like KDE, it's all about the sparkle, and the unicorns and the cutesy cartoons, and less about function. I'm sure under all that glitz it's a fantastic DE, but I just can't get past the feeling it was made for small kids to use.
I hasten to add, I'm not hating on KDE, like I said, i'm sure it's amazing, but to me it just feels wrong, so I don't use it. Unity is the same. Just cannot handle the way it operates. Cinnamon just does what it does. And it does it well. So it works for me.

I would mention this is from a guy who when on windows resets everything to the classic start menu... I don't know if my idea of aesthetics really counts.

Oh, and yeah, I'm on Mint 15 right now, Cinnamon of course. ;) Slightly back on topic, Steam runs smooth natively on here. I've been LOVING Little Inferno.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.