You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
steam controller rumble
naegling23 Jun 10, 2019
I've been playing through a steam link on the beta for both the link and steam itself. I've tried both a steam controller and an xbox one. In the big picture menus, the steam controller vibrates, but the xbox one does nothing. In game (boarderlands 2/rocket league/Horizon chase) nothing rumbles. I sort of gave up on the issue since I had checked every setting that I could think of, but then I turned on dead cells. As a reminder, dead cells crashes the steam overlay and reverts to the desktop configuration which I have set to gamepad. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, the rumble started working...in fact, it worked so well that it kept disconnecting the controller (note, I only tried it with the steam controller since I do mode switching in order to get various games to launch when they resort to the desktop configuration). So, I have two questions. One, how do I turn down the desktop configuration vibration to not extreme (I cant find the setting anywhere), and how do I fix the issue of no vibration in all the other games...I'm assuming that since it works with the desktop configuration, that there is a clue hanging out there somewhere).

Note: I posted this here since this crew is helpful and if I posted it on the steam forums...well, I guess its self explanatory.
naegling23 Jun 17, 2019
ok, so an update, rumble works on the steamplay version of witcher 3 on an xbox one s controller....but its still not working with the rest of the games.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.