Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
DiRT Rally 2.0 - GOL Event - Testing
Xpander Jun 25, 2019
https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/183717 this is the testing club

https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/85340 - join the right one

If anyone has DR2 and wants to join, Lets try this.
Sadly the game doesnt have forcefeedback when using proton, but FFB works fine with the wine.

Just 2 Locations atm to see where it goes. 7 days for both.
Car Class H3 RWD
Xpander Jun 25, 2019
OK, Australia Done. Didn't go too well :)

SS1: Slow start, but Clean overall
SS2: Clean
SS3: Tires were pretty much dead, 2 spins
SS4: 3 Spins and last sector without headlights
SS5: Spin and Crash into fence with reverse needed
SS6: Small spin, engine issues (stalled) for last 2 stages.

Overall was quite enjoyable :) Need more practice
Skully Jun 26, 2019
I joined, waiting approval.
Xpander Jun 26, 2019
Quoting: SkullyI joined, waiting approval.

approved :)
Skully Jul 1, 2019
I didn't do too good. Need a lot more practice. Also had lots of fun.
Xpander Jul 6, 2019
I F**ked up thisone. Somehow my wheel settings where reset and everything felt really wrong. Tried to tweak it, but retired from the first stage, because it was impossible, drove the second one with lots of crashes and mistakes and retired after that. Have to mess with settings again. Doesnt help if you play DiRT Rally 1 first and then try the second one. I had both games with similar wheel setup before. Stupid me i didnt take screenshot of the settings.

edit: I also noticed that the previous DR1 league is available in DR2 with all the members, so maybe its better to create new seasons there instead
Skully Jul 7, 2019
I did really well this time, compared to last time. I played Dirt Rally followed by Dirt Rally 2 followed by Dirt 4 lol. The 3 games feel so different to drive. Takes a bit to adjust. I still need to put some more time into this now we can have leagues/clubs.
jotomo Jul 13, 2019
Apologies for being somewhat off-topic, but I'm not finding anything to get me forward (or don't know the right search terms to use yet). How do I approach running DR2 with wine-staging (for FFB). Do I need to get the Linux Steam Client to use wine-staging instead of Proton, or do I need to use wine-staging to start DR2/Steam? Still learning about all the new shiny things wine and its "extensions" have learned since I last used wine in anger. I'd appreciate any pointers to where I can educate myself.
Xpander Jul 13, 2019
Quoting: jotomoApologies for being somewhat off-topic, but I'm not finding anything to get me forward (or don't know the right search terms to use yet). How do I approach running DR2 with wine-staging (for FFB). Do I need to get the Linux Steam Client to use wine-staging instead of Proton, or do I need to use wine-staging to start DR2/Steam? Still learning about all the new shiny things wine and its "extensions" have learned since I last used wine in anger. I'd appreciate any pointers to where I can educate myself.

There are 2 ways currently:

1) Using Custom version of Proton with Valves Gamepad SDL patches disabled

you can grab the pkgbuilds from here: https://github.com/Tk-Glitch/PKGBUILDS

and disable the patches in the cfg file:

# Proton SDL Joystick support, xinput hacks and other gamepad additions. _gamepad_additions depends on _sdl_joy_support.
_sdl_joy_support="false"
_gamepad_additions="false"

*This method seems to not work with G920 as you need to replug the wheel during game start to make the FFB working. G29 is fine.

2) Run wine-staging + Windows steam Client

You also need to configure wine to disable one of the outputs to make the pedals act normally.

Here at the beginning of the video its shown how to do that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SHjg2Q6v_o
jotomo Jul 14, 2019
Thanks a lot Xpander! That put me on the right track :-)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.