Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
[DONE] Forum suggestion
razing32 Oct 23, 2019
Hope I'm not being thick here , but , there does not seem to be a feature to look for posts by user name in the forum.
Could this be added ?

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 23 October 2019 at 10:03 pm UTC
Liam Dawe Oct 23, 2019
Okay so I did a few things to the Advanced Search:

- When you search, it now tells you what forum the post was in with a link at the end
- Added searching by username to the advanced search
- Added an extra search option on the advanced search page to list topics by a specific user, without searching the title text to just list their topics
- Added pagination as previously it was hard-coded to 30 items
- Made it so you can only search forums your user is allowed to view...woops

Let me know how you get on.

Ps. As a side effect, I double checked the article search code and that had a bug that always limited it to the first 50 titles even with the pagination - fixed.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 23 October 2019 at 9:13 pm UTC
razing32 Oct 23, 2019
Damn Liam you work fast. :)
razing32 Oct 23, 2019
Ok so tried it
First one does not work , cannot find any of the topics i started
Second one works just fine , finds the threads i posted in
Liam Dawe Oct 23, 2019
The first one works fine, it just needs to actually give a message when you leave the text box blank as it doesn't allow a blank search query. Fixed that too.
razing32 Oct 23, 2019
Cool . Thanks
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.