You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Do I still need to have my wishlist filtered for Linux only?
Rooster Dec 4, 2019
In the past, if we wanted for the developers to see a game specifically wishlisted for Linux, we needed to have a filter in wishlist applied like so:

My question is, do we still need to do this, or is selecting Linux in platform preferences enough?

tuubi Dec 4, 2019
Was the wishlist filter ever actually necessary? I thought the platform preference was always what triggered it. Otherwise I've been doing it wrong...
s8as8a Dec 4, 2019
Quoting: tuubiWas the wishlist filter ever actually necessary? I thought the platform preference was always what triggered it. Otherwise I've been doing it wrong...
Are you perhaps confusing the feature of notifying developers of your platform for games you want but didn't purchase with your purchases from your platform counting as a sale for your platform?

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/steam-now-has-a-form-of-platform-specific-wishlisting-to-help-developers-see-demand.10842

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/how-steam-computes-linux-sales.4675
tuubi Dec 4, 2019
Quoting: s8as8a
Quoting: tuubiWas the wishlist filter ever actually necessary? I thought the platform preference was always what triggered it. Otherwise I've been doing it wrong...
Are you perhaps confusing the feature of notifying developers of your platform for games you want but didn't purchase with your purchases from your platform counting as a sale for your platform?
Nope. There's no mention of the Wishlist filter in the articles you linked, only the platform filter setting (which refers to the operating system checkboxes) in the store preferences.
Liam Dawe Dec 4, 2019
To have your wishlist show up as Linux, you need to have only Linux ticked in platform preferences. That's it.

You do not need to have filtering on your wishlist, only you see that, that's your personal list.
Rooster Dec 4, 2019
Quoting: Liam DaweTo have your wishlist show up as Linux, you need to have only Linux ticked in platform preferences. That's it.

You do not need to have filtering on your wishlist, only you see that, that's your personal list.

Thanks Liam, I was already pretty sure that this is the case, but wanted to be certain.
s8as8a Dec 6, 2019
Quoting: tuubi
Nope. There's no mention of the Wishlist filter in the articles you linked, only the platform filter setting (which refers to the operating system checkboxes) in the store preferences.
I was especially tired when I wrote that, so sorry for my misunderstanding.

Having said that, this post ( https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/4174/post_id=25767 ) answers your question, right?
tuubi Dec 6, 2019

Having said that, this post ( https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/4174/post_id=25767 ) answers your question, right?
Yeah. It gives an answer to the OP's question, and confirms my understanding of how this works. It seems I have been doing it right all along. :)
s8as8a Dec 7, 2019

Yeah. It gives an answer to the OP's question, and confirms my understanding of how this works. It seems I have been doing it right all along. :)
Okay, great. :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.