Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «5/30»
  Go to:
pete910 Dec 14, 2020
Quoting: Avehicle7887
Quoting: pete910VAAPI encoder works well on AMD to be fair, used it for a long while now. Like NVENC still not as good as CPU though. To be honest if you have any modern'ish CPU you won't take a big hit in perf either. If you have a 12 core or up virtually nil.

Which software do you use for VAAPI recording? I only tried simplescreenrecorder which seems to support nvenc but not vaapi.

I've always used OBS
Shmerl Dec 15, 2020
I think OBS should be the most user friendly. You can also use ffmpeg CLI tool.
Shmerl Dec 15, 2020
I noticed that a lot of NPCs don't have any voice, just speech bubbles (text). Is that intended or something is bugged?
Shmerl Dec 15, 2020
Apparently there is some work on spatial audio that's currently only in Proton, not in upstream Wine and it affects CP2077:

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/wine/commit/85d049746cd99a66fd646d5f97ba76b603bed0cd
kumaramark27 Dec 16, 2020
I really hope, that the Game works through Wine/Proton with VKD3D or that they enable Vulkan on the Win build of the Game. How long i do wait, until it works with Wine/Proton?
Shmerl Dec 16, 2020
It already works.
pete910 Dec 16, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlIt already works.

In a fashion

Wish they'd release the stadia vulkan version for us to try. Ya never know, hell may freeze.

In fact come to think of it, I'm still waiting on this Linux game influx due to Stadia that lots of folk proclaimed would happen.

Sorry, OT. Rant over.
scaine Dec 16, 2020
Quoting: pete910

In a fashion

Wish they'd release the stadia vulkan version for us to try. Ya never know, hell may freeze.

In fact come to think of it, I'm still waiting on this Linux game influx due to Stadia that lots of folk proclaimed would happen.

Sorry, OT. Rant over.

I think you'll be waiting another year or so. No-one really claimed there would be an influx of games, only that developers would have to become more proficient with Vulkan. Since Stadia only launched with a tiny handful of games on November last year, and given that most AAA titles have years-long schedules, it'll be a while before we see any real uptick in Vulkan games as a direct result of Stadia's success.

Hell, I don't even know if Stadia can be considered a success. Google are quiet on Subscriber numbers after all.

And at least in CDPR's case, the developers contracted their Stadia port to QLOC, so they probably coded the whole thing without touching Vulkan at all!
pete910 Dec 17, 2020
Quoting: scaine

In a fashion

Sorry, OT. Rant over.

I think you'll be waiting another year or so. No-one really claimed there would be an influx of games, only that developers would have to become more proficient with Vulkan. Since Stadia only launched with a tiny handful of games on November last year, and given that most AAA titles have years-long schedules, it'll be a while before we see any real uptick in Vulkan games as a direct result of Stadia's success.

Hell, I don't even know if Stadia can be considered a success. Google are quiet on Subscriber numbers after all.

And at least in CDPR's case, the developers contracted their Stadia port to QLOC, so they probably coded the whole thing without touching Vulkan at all!

Was mentioned many places by various folk that it would help Linux to be fair.

Do you mean CDPR never touched Vulkan ? As I thought Stadia used Vulkan.
scaine Dec 18, 2020
Quoting: scaineat least in CDPR's case, the developers contracted their Stadia port to QLOC, so they probably coded the whole thing without touching Vulkan at all!

Was mentioned many places by various folk that it would help Linux to be fair.

Do you mean CDPR never touched Vulkan ? As I thought Stadia used Vulkan.

Yeah, sure, it was mentioned it would help. But not that there would be a massive influx of games... anyone suggesting that was being extremely optimistic.

And yeah, I do mean "CDPR never touched Vulkan". Why would they? As I said, they contracted another company to do the Vulkan work for Stadia.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.