Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «6/30»
  Go to:
Arehandoro Dec 18, 2020
Not 100% related to us, but Sony has pulled Cyberpunk 2077 from its store :O

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-18-sony-pulls-cyberpunk-2077-from-the-playstation-store
damarrin Dec 18, 2020
I have just bought it on PS4. I really want to see the shitshow with mine own eyes. I have the 3 consoles (base PS4, Pro and PS5) and am looking forward to seeing the differences.
Shmerl Dec 20, 2020
Latest update to CP2077 includes this:

Quote[AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.

See here.

Last edited by Shmerl on 20 December 2020 at 5:43 am UTC
14 Dec 20, 2020
Quoting: damarrinI have just bought it on PS4. I really want to see the shitshow with mine own eyes. I have the 3 consoles (base PS4, Pro and PS5) and am looking forward to seeing the differences.
I have the game on PS4 and Steam. Even on patch 1.05, I experience a crash every 2-3 hours or so on PS4 just like the last two patch versions. The graphic textures are less detailed than PC. But it's not a shitshow. I am really enjoying the game.
damarrin Dec 20, 2020
Yeah, I’ve now played the game on various Sony consoles and it’s not unplayable on any of them. It’s a big old mess but it looks salvageable. Let’s not forget how any given Elder Scrolls game ran at launch.
Arehandoro Dec 20, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlLatest update to CP2077 includes this:

Quote[AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.

See here.

I should benefit with this patch. I'll give it a go tonight and play the first missions.
14 Dec 20, 2020
Quoting: damarrinYeah, I’ve now played the game on various Sony consoles and it’s not unplayable on any of them. It’s a big old mess but it looks salvageable. Let’s not forget how any given Elder Scrolls game ran at launch.
And Andromeda and recent Assassin's Creed games and and recent Ghost Recon games...
I'm understanding better why Baldur's Gate 3 is going through an Early Access phase even though it initially seemed really strange to me to put a role-playing game through Early Access. I don't get why folks want to pay full price to be beta testers, but glad I get to benefit from them!
scaine Dec 20, 2020
Quoting: 14
Quoting: damarrinYeah, I’ve now played the game on various Sony consoles and it’s not unplayable on any of them. It’s a big old mess but it looks salvageable. Let’s not forget how any given Elder Scrolls game ran at launch.
And Andromeda and recent Assassin's Creed games and and recent Ghost Recon games...
I'm understanding better why Baldur's Gate 3 is going through an Early Access phase even though it initially seemed really strange to me to put a role-playing game through Early Access. I don't get why folks want to pay full price to be beta testers, but glad I get to benefit from them!

Yeah, great point. Early Access for Indie's is a great idea. Early Access for a AAA game is a disgrace. And why do people want to EA an RPG game? Who wants to play a game like that over and over? Just bizarre.

I've bought EA occasionally but only rarely, and never for anything expensive.
Shmerl Dec 20, 2020
Yeah, I never understood playing an incomplete RPG - it's like a major spoiler. Beta testing is another thing, but you should be paid for it, not the other way around :)
Liam Dawe Dec 21, 2020
Quoting: scaineEarly Access for a AAA game is a disgrace.
Is it though? Done properly, it could be quite interesting to have a huge game by a big studio built up in the open over time. As long as people know it's Early Access it would be fine wouldn't it?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.