Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «10/30»
  Go to:
Shmerl Jun 28, 2021
So apparently that audio crackling isn't that uncommon. It's some kind of scheduling / thread priority issue. Did anyone try the game recently?

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/4450#issuecomment-869136858
Arehandoro Jun 28, 2021
I remember having that issue on The Witcher 3, I had to restart the game every now and again for it to go away. On CP2077 I had environmental/spatial issues but moving to pipewire solved them.
Shmerl Jun 28, 2021
Spatial audio issues were solved with some specific patches to Wine. And I also switched to Pipewire recently. But it didn't make it better for CP2077.
Shmerl Jul 2, 2021
Finally managed to get Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT. Major performance boost for CP2077 on max settings (2560x1440). Though overall it's still below 60 fps on max. May be some of those settings are simply too extreme.

Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT:

~27 fps in the beginning game bar.

Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT:

~52 fps in the beginning game bar.
Avehicle7887 Jul 2, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlFinally managed to get Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT. Major performance boost for CP2077 on max settings (2560x1440). Though overall it's still below 60 fps on max. May be some of those settings are simply too extreme.

Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT:

~27 fps in the beginning game bar.

Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT:

~52 fps in the beginning game bar.

Sweet, you finally got the gpu

May I ask how bad was the price compared to msrp?
Shmerl Jul 2, 2021
Quoting: Avehicle7887Sweet, you finally got the gpu

May I ask how bad was the price compared to msrp?

Close to x2 the price (and that's the official price from Sapphire - no way around it). Good thing used RX 5700 XT can be sold on Ebay where miners who scoop them like hot cakes now (because RDNA1 cards just happen to be good for mining more than usual) so it can help recover some of that price.

Last edited by Shmerl on 2 July 2021 at 9:40 pm UTC
Shmerl Jul 4, 2021
Looks like "Screen space reflections quality" setting affects performance a lot. Lowering it from "Pyscho" to "Ultra" bumped framerate from 52 to something like 70+ fps.

Last edited by Shmerl on 4 July 2021 at 5:35 am UTC
Shmerl Jul 5, 2021
The audio crackling in the game though makes it pretty much unplayable. I'm waiting for some method to configure Pipewire to handle it better.

Last edited by Shmerl on 5 July 2021 at 4:50 pm UTC
Pangaea Jul 6, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlFinally managed to get Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT.
Jesus, that's one hell of a beast!!
Shmerl Jul 6, 2021
Yeah, it's a massive card with triple fans. But it runs surprisingly quiet and is almost twice as powerful as RX 5700 XT.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.