Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «3/30»
  Go to:
Shmerl Dec 13, 2020
Latest update to vkd3d-proton fixed the flickering issue!

https://github.com/HansKristian-Work/vkd3d-proton/commit/9cbd1b2a0d71fd0806ffe9014f56e8507de65162

Last edited by Shmerl on 13 December 2020 at 3:42 am UTC
Shmerl Dec 13, 2020
Quoting: PangaeaDoes regular DXVK handle it?

I'm running the GOG version in Wine-staging. You need vkd3d-proton, not dxvk. Very recent commit there improved things quite a lot (see above).

Last edited by Shmerl on 13 December 2020 at 3:50 am UTC
Shmerl Dec 13, 2020
By the way, you can rename the thread to something like "Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine".
Xpander Dec 13, 2020
latest 1.04 patch
-GPU hangs still here with nvidia (was hoping it will get fixed, but yeah :D)
-flickering lights seems to be fixed now
-tiny perf improvement

GoG version with wine-tkg-staging-fsync-git-6.0rc2.r0.gc646dc92
Shmerl Dec 13, 2020
Nvidia hangs won't get fixed until VK_VALVE_mutable_descriptor_type extension will be added or the game itself will be fixed. Developers are quite explicit about that.

See: https://github.com/HansKristian-Work/vkd3d-proton/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#21

Last edited by Shmerl on 13 December 2020 at 9:39 am UTC
Xpander Dec 13, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlNvidia hangs won't get fixed until VK_VALVE_mutable_descriptor_type extension will be added. Developers are quite explicit about that.

See: https://github.com/HansKristian-Work/vkd3d-proton/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#21

i know but im hearing you shouldn't need this actually and its a game bug.
anyway, its unplayable for me anyway with poor perf. really want to buy new GPUs, but yeah i can't, nvidia shitty 10GB GPUs are like 500€ over the MSRP and havent seen any navi2's moving around here at all :(
Shmerl Dec 13, 2020
It is a game bug, but something that comes up in Wine more than on Windows, so it's not clear whether they care to fix it.
pete910 Dec 13, 2020
Working relatively well here on a VII @ 1440p mixture of High and medium setting. 55 ish fps.

Does hard crash if I try and custom save though.

Messing in menus too much can also cause a hard crash. Actual game play works fine though.
damarrin Dec 13, 2020
First HL Alyx and now this. I'm really considering getting an AMD card. I'm sure it'll have problems of its own, however.
scaine Dec 13, 2020
Quoting: damarrinFirst HL Alyx and now this. I'm really considering getting an AMD card. I'm sure it'll have problems of its own, however.

I've been running a 5700XT after over 10 years of Nvidia cards and while I was aware of some AMD issues a few years ago, none of my gameplay experience in the past 8 months or so has suffered a single AMD-related glitch. I definitely recommend AMD at this point. It's a great experience.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.