Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Recommend me an FPS
razing32 Mar 14, 2020
Hope this is the right sub forum to ask.

Looking for a quick to play FPS.
Betwen rounds of DOTA or other games that take 1 hour plus , sometimes my friends and i would like some downtime.
Realized i don;t know many short games.

Can you recommend any , preferably free , FPS that works with bots/PvE ?
Preferably good bots.
dvd Mar 14, 2020
CS:GO has matchmaking with friends iirc, although I'm not sure if the bots are good. Most gamemodes take less than 45 minutes to finish, you may even be able to tweak some settings to make it shorter.
razing32 Mar 14, 2020
Thanks for the idea
Was lookingfor somethign muchquicker, like 5-10 mins or so
Samsai Mar 14, 2020
I used to play plenty of Xonotic with bots when I had a few minutes to waste. It's not exactly a new and exciting option, but I think it's still pretty decent.
Duck Hunt-Pr0 Mar 14, 2020
"quick to play" ? .. Ricochet ;)

It's pretty much 1v1 martial-arts frisbee dueling game inspired by TRON .. awesome AF lol A truly fastpaced in-and-out game. Or as a friend once labeled it; "a pause-game" .. For when doing something, then jumping into game for a few minutes to decapitate some n00bs, then out again to continue doing whatever what was the doing. ..or for as long as until ones heart starts palpitating and the sun rises.

Steam says i've 800+ hours in it.. But i'm thinking, and dreading, that number actually might be more in the mid-to-high thousands of hours.. I don't even want to know lol :D

Although, it's probably entirely all but dead by now (and not to mention, massively f_ck-ng overpriced.. yikes!), and not only due to it even having stayed alive for as long as it did in the first place, solely because of community provided server bugfix/patch dll.

PS: Having some "lit" background music playlist going tends to boosts performance IMO. (there is none in the game)
E.g https://youtu.be/wmin5WkOuPw , https://youtu.be/feWNvGpWHLM , https://youtu.be/81VfbhMRMkA , https://youtu.be/JwPtWHNqJIo

I don't condone amphetamines or stimulants other than common black coffee, Lord Nelson's Green Tea Natural , and/or Ginseng extract; Above that's effectively doping, stupid and seriously detrimental to ones overall health.. :(

Last edited by Duck Hunt-Pr0 on 14 March 2020 at 8:45 pm UTC
chris.echoz Mar 15, 2020
Quoting: razing32Thanks for the idea
Casual modes in CS:GO are much shorter, every mode except the battle royale mode is also playable against bots.
razing32 Mar 15, 2020
Quoting: chris.echoz
Casual modes in CS:GO are much shorter, every mode except the battle royale mode is also playable against bots.

How big is the install now for CS GO ?
Last i remember it was 15-20 gig
I have a friend who has a quirck : he wants every game to be on his SSD . So unless small , it'll be a struggle to get him to install it. :(
Such is life trying to get 4-5 people to play a game
chris.echoz Mar 19, 2020
Quoting: razing32
Quoting: chris.echoz

How big is the install now for CS GO ?
Last i remember it was 15-20 gig
I have a friend who has a quirck : he wants every game to be on his SSD . So unless small , it'll be a struggle to get him to install it. :(
Such is life trying to get 4-5 people to play a game
My CS:GO install is about 22G, but I also have some custom content, so I guess around 20G.
If you need more people for CS:GO shoot me a friend request on Steam.
damarrin Mar 19, 2020
I think your friends are trying to tell you they don’t want to play with you. “I need the game to install to my tiny ssd” would be the equivalent of “I’m washing my hair tonight”.
razing32 Mar 19, 2020
Quoting: damarrinI think your friends are trying to tell you they don’t want to play with you. “I need the game to install to my tiny ssd” would be the equivalent of “I’m washing my hair tonight”.

LOL
Not really
We play lots of games.
The dude is just stubborn :D
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.