You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Anyone able to run X4: Foundations GOG version on Arch Linux?
Rooster Apr 12, 2020
I'm getting this error:

Running X4: Foundations
./X4: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Avehicle7887 Apr 12, 2020
You need to install the older version of libssl - in this case 1.0.0 (most distros ship with both 1.1.0 and 1.0.0). Also note that installing one might ask you to remove the other as normally they don't coexist system-wide.

Alternatively you could place that library in the game's folder and run the game using the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. This way you can run the game without modifying your system, personally I prefer it.

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 12 April 2020 at 11:35 pm UTC
Rooster Apr 13, 2020
Thanks, solved by installing the openssl-1.0 package.
beko May 15, 2020
I solved this on Fedora by dumping a copy of libssl.so.1.0.0 and libcrypto.so.1.0.0 to X4_Foundations/game/lib where the game picks it up. This way I don't screw with my system lib by downgrading openssl. This works for most problems like this:

beko  …  linux  X4_Foundations  game  ldd X4 
./X4: /lib64/liblber-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by ./X4)
./X4: /lib64/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by ./X4)
./X4: lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./X4)
./X4: lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./X4)
./X4: lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./X4)
linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffed0b43000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /lib64/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007fea9d4d8000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007fea9d4b6000)
[...]

Doesn't matter from where you copy that lib as long as it matches the architecture and libc. It can be copied from Steam or any other application shipping this deprecated lib. F5 for example.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.