Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
[DONE] Inconsistent Markdown support?
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Shmerl May 20, 2020
Another test

\\

Last edited by Shmerl on 20 May 2020 at 4:51 pm UTC
Liam Dawe May 20, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlGreat, thanks!

Big block works, but small section doesn't seem to. But it's different from bbcode in that regards (bbcode doesn't support inline code at all as far as I know).
Yeah, that will be a whole different thing to try and implement and need corresponding css styles to allow it too.
Shmerl May 20, 2020
There is a Markdown trick with escaping the character, to turn it off. Sometimes can be useful

I.e.

\``` should turn off markdown parsing for the first `
Shmerl May 20, 2020
http://tech.saigonist.com/b/code/escaping-special-characters-markdown.html

Last edited by Shmerl on 20 May 2020 at 4:53 pm UTC
Pangaea May 23, 2020
Why don't links automatically turn into links any more? It was very handy, and is what happens on most forums I know. Even GOG when it doesn't muck things up (which admittedly happens often there).
Liam Dawe May 23, 2020
Quoting: PangaeaWhy don't links automatically turn into links any more? It was very handy, and is what happens on most forums I know. Even GOG when it doesn't muck things up (which admittedly happens often there).
It never quite worked right, and was breaking often, plus the regex for it was a terrible mess. You can use markdown links or encapsulate them in <link>.

Edit: testing a new one I worked on today.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 23 May 2020 at 2:33 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.