You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
The Bard's Tale
whizse Oct 9, 2013
Not sure if this is old news or not, but I just noticed that The Bard's Tale popped up on Steam among my Linux games.
A native port, pretty sweet, especially considering that it was given out as a gift for backers of Wasteland 2. ^_^
s_d Oct 11, 2013
Awesome!  That Brian Fargo really is a fantastic ally!  It really is looking like inXile are really investing in being a Linux friendly studio.  Their work with W2 and Unity Technologies has been massive for us, despite UT's protestations that they'd really been working on Linux all along.  With the Torment campaign, we were included from the start without a stretch goal, and now, we have The Bard's Tale, which (while not perfect by any stretch) is a fun, and funny, game.
Apopas Oct 12, 2013
It says that the package contains 1,2 and 3. That means the games from the 80s?
whizse Oct 12, 2013
Quoting: Quote from ApopasIt says that the package contains 1,2 and 3. That means the games from the 80s?
Yep, I only tried launching the first one, but it seems to be working ok.
Apopas Oct 12, 2013
That's cool! I'll buy it!
tuxisagamer Oct 17, 2013
Quoting: Quote from whizse
Quoting: Quote from ApopasIt says that the package contains 1,2 and 3. That means the games from the 80s?
Yep, I only tried launching the first one, but it seems to be working ok.
Any time I try to launch the original trilogy it just crashes.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.