You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Map Room in Spawn
xXNekoYujiXx Oct 10, 2013
I'm wanting to make a map room in spawn or near it, but I don't have any ideas where to put it so newcomers will be able to see what in spawn.
killx_den Oct 15, 2013
Do you mean like a little info center with a lot of signs? Tell me if you need help with it.

I am building a railway with PlayX atm and maybe I will build a railway main station behind the spawn.
xXNekoYujiXx Oct 15, 2013
yeah, like an info center with signs, and a couple of maps to show where everything is in spawn. Also I won't mind helping build the main station, if you need help.
killx_den Oct 16, 2013
By map you mean the ones you can craft with paper and a compass? I never used them, I always had "Rei's Minimap" for that. How do they work? :>
And can you pin them to a wall with the help of a item frame?

I would appreciate the help with the rail station :)
I will tell you when I want to start ;)
xXNekoYujiXx Oct 16, 2013
yeah, I'm wanting to use maps pinned to the wall with item frames. They work pretty well, in the version we are running on the server there will be a border around each map, but the next update will have seamless maps.

Also I have about 4 double chest full of smooth stone, and cobble stone, that we can use in this project. If it's needed.

I'm free to help from tuesday thru thursday night. 7pm or later EST.
sobkas Oct 24, 2013
Best place to make a station is under a spawn so it wont take a place and will be near a main town.
I'm also interested in building it.
killx_den Oct 25, 2013
I think only an admin has the rights to build below the spawn :/ 
SteamPenguin Oct 26, 2013
I am a mod and I say its ok, Liam and Sin don't play much now and they are usually ok as long as you don't effect other peoples projects.

Edit: I will donate some empty maps and other stuff when I know where it will be :D
sobkas Oct 26, 2013
I started to build it near the spawn, so there is no problem.
SteamPenguin Oct 26, 2013
Cool
sobkas Nov 17, 2013
What about moving spawn into the station after it is finished?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.