[ RUMOR Mill | SPECULATION ] Could GTA V Come to Linux?
n30p1r4t3 Oct 12, 2013
I never thought I'd be asking this question, but given recent circumstances I think it's at least relevant. 

I've been putting a lot of hours into GTA V on a friend's XBox, and that's when it hit me. In one mission you have to invade the headquarters of a "facebook like" in-game company and tamper with a device, but before that you get interrupted by a programmer. The programmer claims to be having some issues with pop-ups, and asks you to fix it. 

And as you approach the computer in question, the programmer says, "If you guys let me use the OS I requested, this wouldn't be a problem." Is he referring to Linux? The game's computers feature wallpapers that bare striking resemblance to Windows Vista's and Leopard's (I think) default wallpapers.

In the video link below (should be at the exact time) you will see what I'm talking about. 

Video (NSFW - Kind of):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=316ITLMHNVs#t=1944

Now one could just analyse this as "playing the part" of a programmer, or a sign that GTA V might in fact come to Linux.

Granted that a PC release is rumored to be coming in 2014 (the same as SteamOS/Machines), could this be a sign that they are developing a SteamOS version to coincide with the release of SteamBoxes?

Please let me know your thoughts. 
Liam Dawe Oct 13, 2013
Considering their history with even Windows ports, I doubt it.
n30p1r4t3 Oct 14, 2013
I'll remain hopeful. Lol.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.