Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Kernel 5.9 and NVENC codes
ewertonurias 5 days ago

Maybe this is the reason i'm not able to use OBS + NVENC in openSUSE Tumbleweed.

I left manjaro with NVENC working, and NVENC didn't work on openSUSE Tumbleweed, I installed KDE Neon and NVENC worked, I returned Tumbleweed and it didn't work.

I hope this is it...

denyasis 5 days ago

Just walked over to my machine. Tumbleweed is at 5.8 still for me. I'll just have to remind my self to to upgrade for a bit.

I've been bitten by upgrading too soon before. I must admit, I like tumbleweed's snapshot rollback feature, even if it's a little non user friendly.

Thanks for the heads up!

ewertonurias 5 days ago

Quoting: denyasisJust walked over to my machine. Tumbleweed is at 5.8 still for me. I'll just have to remind my self to to upgrade for a bit.

I've been bitten by upgrading too soon before. I must admit, I like tumbleweed's snapshot rollback feature, even if it's a little non user friendly.

Thanks for the heads up!
Are you doing OBS + NVENC recording on Tumbleweed?

I'm new to openSUSE, and I'm getting this message:

"Failed to open NVENC codec: Unknown error occurred. Please make sure your video drivers are up to date."

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.