Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
[DONE] screenshots should expand on click
titi Nov 19, 2013
In a news you can embed screenshots which are typically displayed smaller than they are. You should get a full resolution picture when you click on one of these screenshots. ( example megaglest 3.9.0 release news )
Hamish Nov 19, 2013
I do not know if that is in Liam's power - the only screenshots the website itself seems to currently host are those linked to from another server, except for the tagline images. I know that with my game reviews I need to host them on another website. How exactly did you place the screenshots you did in your article?
titi Nov 20, 2013
I just pressed the insert image button on top like youcan do it here in the forum too. Then I eneterd the url and the width and height of the screenshot. Thats all ok, but what I want is that when I click this image the whole image should be shown. Maybe just in another window/tab. Its needed because you typically set a smaller width and height , but people want to see it in fullsize. Of course they can do "RMB-> show graphic" or something like this, but thats not really comfortable.
Liam Dawe Nov 20, 2013
Currently we have no in-article image system so all images are usually uploaded via somewhere like imgur, you can do want you want easily by just making an image a link to the full image, simples.

Sadly it's not very easy to make an in-article image uploader that makes thumbnails. It is on my todo list though for sure.
Hamish Nov 20, 2013
If you just want to make the image link to itself, so that upon clicking it it loads itself up in full on the other server, here is how I handle it with my reviews:
[url(code)=http://icculus.org/~hamish/Reviews/Psychonauts/Menu.png][u]
[img=138x104]http://icculus.org/%7Ehamish/Reviews/Psychonauts/Menu.png[/img(code)][/u][/url]

Just place your link over the ones I have listed here.

EDIT: I can not seem to get it to just display the link as it takes it as proper formatting, so I put some garbage (code) statments in order to make it not display. You should also change it to be a single line.
Levi Nov 21, 2013
On the forums it should be possible to detect if an images is hitting the forums max width and then add a "view bigger image" link below it, or an icon on top of the image.

A similar method could be used on article images I guess.
Liam Dawe Nov 21, 2013
Quoting: Quote from LeviOn the forums it should be possible to detect if an images is hitting the forums max width and then add a "view bigger image" link below it, or an icon on top of the image.

A similar method could be used on article images I guess.
Is that easy to do? Would stop us having to link images at all then as it would do it itself.

I suppose an easy way would be to have all images automatically link to themselves?
Liam Dawe Nov 22, 2013
I have implemented this now, all images in articles, comments etc will be auto linked and expand when clicked.

No ETA on when I will put it up yet as we are doing a server move soon.

Hamish I will also look at trying to fix stuff inside code tags being displayed.
Hamish Nov 22, 2013
Good to know. :)
Liam Dawe Dec 2, 2013
If you didn't notice already, this was implemented on the site :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.