Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Fixing the sound on Madagascar(2005)
Walland Nov 16, 2020
Hello! I'm trying to get the sound right on Madagascar trough Wine, so that i can finally get back to speedrunning it again.
When the music starts playing in the game there is a constant popping/crackling noise.

I'm only running ALSA on my Arch Desktop but i have tried on my laptop which is running Fedora with pulseaudio, and the exact same thing occured.
I have made sure to install the lib32-alsa-lib, lib32-alsa-plugins and lib32-mpg123 as listed on the Wine page on the Arch wiki.
I have also tried installing other lib32 packages like lib32-sdl, lib32-wavpack, lib32-openal and all the others that looked like they were related to sound.
The game runs on the RenderWare engine if that is relevant.

I appreciate any tips and help i can get

-Walland
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
whizse Nov 16, 2020
I'm not sure about pure ALSA, but with Pulseadudio try setting PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=120

Experiment with higher or lower values.
Walland Nov 17, 2020
Thank you very much, that fixed it Now i can get back on my grind for the madagascar world record! this time on Linux
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.