You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
We Happy Few?
Guppy Nov 24, 2020
So apparently there is a linux version of the game?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/320240/discussions/0/2295094308091855403/

but since they do not advertise it on the store page I'm a little iffy about getting the game.

Anybody has the game that can share the details of how (if) it runs natively?
x_wing Nov 24, 2020
Didn't know they did the port! I'm downloading it right now and I'll give it a try tonight.

Last edited by x_wing on 24 November 2020 at 5:45 pm UTC
PublicNuisance Nov 24, 2020
Well this is certainly backwards. On GOG they do advertise the Linux version.

https://www.gog.com/game/we_happy_few

It's not on sale mind you but interesting none the less.
Shmerl Nov 24, 2020
I tried the Linux version and it was extremely buggy if I remember correctly, so I haven't played it. I might try it in Wine.
x_wing Nov 25, 2020
Ok, at performance level the game works pretty well after it compiles every shader but, as Shmerl mentioned, there are some bugs that makes it look weird.

In my hardware I detected that the game would display a black image if is set to high or ultra post processing effects and there are problems with lights (shadows looks very weird). Tested with several versions of Mesa and the result was the same. I think this is one of those games where it's better to use Proton.

Last edited by x_wing on 25 November 2020 at 3:06 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.