You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Reaching out to CDPR (Vulkan, Cyberpunk 2077)
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Guppy Dec 15, 2020
Quoting: LinuxwarperBut I don't think it will help Linux platform or CDPR being part of the platform if we keep grudges.

It's not about holding a grudge, but setting realistic expectations - the twitter thing you posted in two years old. In the mean time they made a new "Galaxy 2.0" - for Windows & Mac, not Linux

If during a complete redesign they didn't think to include Linux in that process it's not comming, simple as that.

Undoubtedly cyberpunk will run on proton, but given how hardware demanding it is on even the primary supported platform I doubt it will be a pleasant experience for the majority of Linux users
wvstolzing Dec 15, 2020
Quoting: LinuxwarperThey seem to have adressed that issue quite well if you ask me, giving out refunds.

Unfortunately that statement probably wasn't made in good faith; because it has since come out that Sony, M$ & the various retailers have no idea how to process the refunds, so they're rejecting the claims.
denyasis Dec 15, 2020
I think it's in pretty good faith. Just bad bueareucracy. Now if thier own store were rejecting it, I would totally agree with you.

I don't think the dev can really help much if a given retailer is incompetent
wvstolzing Dec 15, 2020
Quoting: denyasisI think it's in pretty good faith. Just bad bueareucracy. Now if thier own store were rejecting it, I would totally agree with you.

I don't think the dev can really help much if a given retailer is incompetent

Their own store isn't selling the base console versions, though; which is the core of the issue.

The retailer's incompetence might not be relevant either; without clear instructions from cdpr that would override their regular return policies, I don't think the retailers can do anything — they can't act on a twitter post.

Last edited by wvstolzing on 15 December 2020 at 11:23 pm UTC
dvd Dec 16, 2020
I don't think expecting anything from this company is realistic. They are a huge publicly traded company, and they also got a grant from the polish government to develop their tech for this game. If with all these financial resources they couldn't think to use a standard technology (vulkan) over a non-standard one, and had to contract an outside dev to develop them for stadia (as i understand, maybe not), it's just a pipe drean that they will give any gestures to free platforms.

Giving them money because maybe eventually hopefully Valve or Codeweavers patch wine up enough so this thing runs without a power plant is a waste of money imo. (not even mentioning how the 60 eur price is outrageous even for games that DO work.)
Linuxwarper Dec 17, 2020
Do we know if RedEngine is planned to get Vulkan support?
denyasis Dec 17, 2020
Quoting: wvstolzingI don't think the retailers can do anything — they can't act on a twitter post.

I agree with you completely there. But establishing that process takes time, if the retailer is even willing to to participate.

Hopefully they fix the game or make it right for users.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.