Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
I am going to go cry now...
Hamish Dec 11, 2013
[

I am going to go cry now... :'(
HadBabits Dec 11, 2013
Cheers, friend XD I live in Texas and just spent the past few days iced in. We get it every year or so and are never prepared.
Hamish Dec 11, 2013
So far this has been the worst winter we have had in four years. I am not going to say it is worse than the winter of 2010/2011 though, as that one had some real oddities, such as having snow, fog, and below -30 temperatures all at the same time. You almost never get that typically. Plus the line from our well to the house froze, meaning we had to haul water in from the garage for months.

It will be worth it this year though if we get the worst of it now and it eases up - last winter we had the weather turn right as we entered calving season. But of course there is no guarantee of that, and for now I am quite sick of shovelling the paths to my cows and chickens, and snow blowing our driveway and the associated access road, when the blower works, which it did not the last big dump forcing us to hike down and haul stuff to and from the bottom of the access road that we could keep clear.

Hence my cry of frustration.
Liam Dawe Dec 13, 2013
You like snow right? HERE HAVE LOTS OF IT - God
Hamish Dec 14, 2013
Now it is supposed to get above freezing early next week. And we thought it was hard enough driving on what we have now...

And since I have my MITx course final tomorrow I can not even go and clean up the snow a little before it gets warm.
Hamish Dec 16, 2013
Well, we now have the whole driveway and access road, as well as a good deal of the walking paths, cleared out. We survived, despite the of the chinook. 

Now I just got to get the rest of the place cleaned up for Christmas.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.