Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Platinum rated Proton games won't run on Pop!_OS
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Whitewolfe80 Jan 26, 2021
have you tried the Glorious Eggroll version of proton? you may get better results. Given how close POP is to ordinary ubuntu there must be someone who has encountered this error.
HellsBells24 Jan 26, 2021
I haven't done anything with non official versions of Proton yet. Maybe I'm missing out haha.
I've seen at least one report on ProtonDB that is my exact situation, but no idea how to find out if he had any better luck. You're right that Pop and Ubuntu are similar, but I have noticed oddities when it comes to gaming: for example, I was able to successfully create installer files for Quake II on my Kububtu laptop but not my Pop desktop.
Whitewolfe80 Jan 26, 2021
Quoting: HellsBells24I haven't done anything with non official versions of Proton yet. Maybe I'm missing out haha.
I've seen at least one report on ProtonDB that is my exact situation, but no idea how to find out if he had any better luck. You're right that Pop and Ubuntu are similar, but I have noticed oddities when it comes to gaming: for example, I was able to successfully create installer files for Quake II on my Kububtu laptop but not my Pop desktop.

Weird give the Glorious eggrole proton a try it has a lot of fixes and updates that arent in the standard proton
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.