Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
I have very low performance in Death Stranding....
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Comandante Ñoñardo Jul 22, 2021
...at 1080p with an RTX 2060 SUPER...
which is weird....

Any one else have this problem....
furaxhornyx Jul 23, 2021
Quoting: Comandante Ñoñardo...at 1080p with an RTX 2060 SUPER...
which is weird....

Any one else have this problem....

It seems that your PC information is not up-to-date, since you mention a RTX 2060, but if you still have your 4960K, it could be heavily taxed by an open world game. You may want to try running MangoHud with the detail of each core load, to see wether they hit 100%

Also, if you have multiple monitors, you may want to disable them ; they gave me drastic improvement on Magic:Legends, and there are a few other Proton game that I know I'll try again with only one monitor
Spl-it Jul 23, 2021
For reference, I play the game at 3440x1440 (well, almost, because the game is silly and does 3360x1440 somehow)
kernel 5.13.4 | mesa 21.1.5

Graphics Quality preset: Very High

Last edited by Spl-it on 23 July 2021 at 10:38 am UTC
Xpander Jul 23, 2021
DS is the only dx12 game that actually runs pretty good even on my old pascal GPU.
2560x1440p and i mostly hover around 60-90 fps range, all maxed with a GTX 1080Ti.
So if your 2060 is struggling i think its something else, like CPU maybe.
Spl-it Jul 23, 2021
Quoting: XpanderSo if your 2060 is struggling i think its something else, like CPU maybe.

Could be, but as can be seen in my screenshot, the cpu only does 31%, it's not even boosting to the max 4.4GHz

Last edited by Spl-it on 23 July 2021 at 10:46 am UTC
Xpander Jul 23, 2021
Quoting: Spl-it
Quoting: XpanderSo if your 2060 is struggling i think its something else, like CPU maybe.

Could be, but as can be seen in my screenshot, the cpu only does 31%, it's not even boosting to the max 4.4GHz

your CPU is much stronger than haswell also, singlethread perf, not to mention multithread.
and you are GPU limited on that resolution.

edit: you also have AMD card. Nvidia drivers use a bit more CPU afaik.

we need a picture of the OP with mangohud to judge the GPU/CPU utilization.

Last edited by Xpander on 23 July 2021 at 11:54 am UTC
Comandante Ñoñardo Jul 23, 2021
Ok... I installed MANGOHUD for this:

I think the game should use 100% of all cores..
Xpander Jul 24, 2021
Naah it should not, it depends how it uses the cores i guess. its pretty close to maximum and your GPU barely gets any work. so theres your issue most likely
furaxhornyx Jul 24, 2021
Also, the CPU temperature is 72°C, so there may be throttling as well, to prevent overheating.

I have had a similar problem recently, because of summer and a few chassis fan not working properly (I intend to buy a new case soon anyway), so my current workaround is top remove the side panel of the case. Maybe try that, and see if the temperature gets lower / the cores get maxed out ?
whizse Jul 24, 2021
Some sort of I/O problem?
Comandante Ñoñardo Jul 24, 2021
Quoting: furaxhornyxAlso, the CPU temperature is 72°C, so there may be throttling as well, to prevent overheating.

I have had a similar problem recently, because of summer and a few chassis fan not working properly (I intend to buy a new case soon anyway), so my current workaround is top remove the side panel of the case. Maybe try that, and see if the temperature gets lower / the cores get maxed out ?

hmm... I have to check that...
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.