You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Linux Air Combat
bbosen Aug 5, 2021
I'm brand new here.

I'd like to help people discover and use "Linux Air Combat" (or "LAC") a free, open-source combat flight simulator for LINUX that simulates 54 aircraft from World War II. A google search or a YouTube search will result in LOTS of related information. I have been writing LAC for the past six years, and it has recently been inducted into the Arch User Repository and various other, less official repos for Debian, Manjaro, Raspbian, and MX Linux. Here's a screenshot:

I see that other native software games are prominent on this site, but I can find no mention of LAC anywhere. What is the appropriate way to proceed here?
inlinuxdude Sep 22, 2021
It looks cool! I ran across it elsewhere, then while searching duckduckgo on it, ran across it here... maybe tweet at Liam to see if he'd right an article? https://twitter.com/gamingonlinux
bbosen Nov 6, 2021
Update: Linux Air Combat ("LAC") is now available in binary format as an "AppImage". The result is a precompiled, executable program that launches Linux Air Combat Version 8.51 from a self-contained, self-extracting, multi-file archive containing all prerequisites. It is configured according to the well-known "AppImage" conventions for (almost) universal compatibility among many popular LINUX distros using industry-standard "x86" architecture. Accordingly, if you just want to run LAC without compiling it, this is probably your best, simplest option. Just download it, mark it as "executable" according to well-known LINUX norms, and then execute it. If your hardware is based on x86 architecture and if your LINUX distro is "mainstream" and has been updated since about December of 2020, it will start right up!

More details and direct download links are available here:

LAC forum on AppImages
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.