Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Your next/last game purchase?
Page: «4/9»
  Go to:
MaximB Sep 11, 2010
Re: Your next planned game purchase?

Quoting: KIAazeLooks much cheaper than tuxgames indeed. Thanks. :)
(I never bought anything from tuxgames so far actually. I used [url="http://www.linux-onlineshop.de/"]http://www.linux-onlineshop.de/[/url] for Robin Hood and Jagged alliance 2 and the rest directly from the creators except for the humble bundle).

I'll add the following to my list of potential games to buy:
-Ankh series
-Jack Keane
-Cold war
-Civilization
-Doom 3
-Medal of Honor
-Prey
-Multiwinia
-Caster

Note: So far, I had a much less bugs in indie games than with "commercial titles". :roll:
Probably because most indie devs start developing in a cross-platform way directly now. Or just because they are more recent.
The worst offender is jagged alliance 2, where the open-source engine works better than the binary I got with the CD!

I thought about buying the Ankh series and Jack Keane, but the demo port of Ankh 1 was of a very poor quality under Linux, and the prices are way too high; higher than most other games.
Rustybolts Sep 17, 2010
Re: Your next planned game purchase?

Didn't end up buying the above two mentioned games as i couldn't get the relevant demos to work.
They looked really cool though, such a shame
Liam Dawe Oct 27, 2010
Re: Your next/last game purchase?

Just picked up a copy of Awesome Soccer World 2010 since rusty keeps banging on about it i tried the demo, neat little game, really reminds me of SWOS (sensible world of soccer) on the Amiga.
MaximB Oct 27, 2010

Quoting: liamdaweJust picked up a copy of Awesome Soccer World 2010 since rusty keeps banging on about it i tried the demo, neat little game, really reminds me of SWOS (sensible world of soccer) on the Amiga.

I remember doing the QA for the developer as the game was buggy under "Ubuntu's Java" (it uses OpenJDK by default), but after a week or two he stopped sending me the updated .bins .
But it's a good game, need to try it with the regular Oracle Java .

The OpenJDK makes problem for a lot of Java based games, shame it's default because a lot of people don't realize the problem and think the game is buggy.
Rustybolts Oct 27, 2010

Awesome Soccer World is a great little game, It does feel very much like sensible soccer. Currently have Middlesbrough top of the premiership with a goal difference of 28 with not a single loss after 10 games (only on lev 3), now that wouldn't happen in real life. Shame it doesn't have online mode I would challenge you to a game, now that would be great fun.

Sensible soccer Amiga
[video:1hky13s7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL2T4Yn2Tq8[/video:1hky13s7]

Awesome Soccer World
[video:1hky13s7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FffsWo_Lbs4[/video:1hky13s7]
I've managed a cross then header into the back of the net but have not pulled off that scissor kick goal yet. :D
Liam Dawe Oct 27, 2010

Quoting: MaximB
Quoting: liamdaweJust picked up a copy of Awesome Soccer World 2010 since rusty keeps banging on about it i tried the demo, neat little game, really reminds me of SWOS (sensible world of soccer) on the Amiga.

I remember doing the QA for the developer as the game was buggy under "Ubuntu's Java" (it uses OpenJDK by default), but after a week or two he stopped sending me the updated .bins .
But it's a good game, need to try it with the regular Oracle Java .

The OpenJDK makes problem for a lot of Java based games, shame it's default because a lot of people don't realize the problem and think the game is buggy.

Saying that i just got an email from them:
QuoteHi Liam,

Many thanks for your purchase of Awesome Soccer World 2010.

It's been brought to our attention that some Linux users are experiencing a problem with the Full version of the game. Rather than downloading the entire package again, simply replacing the AwesomeSoccerWorld.jar file with this one:

<url removed>

should resolve any problems you may face.

We're very sorry for any invonvenience this may cause.

Kind regards,

Peter.

Haven't even tried it yet but will do in a bit, really good of them to send me that email though :D
MaximB Oct 28, 2010

I thought that the demo version has the same problem, or at least had - they might have fixed it by now.
Rustybolts Oct 30, 2010

Just bought Dirk Dashing and Rick Rocket half price!

Current list of games
amnesia
adventures of rick rocket
and yet it moves
aquaria
awesome world soccer 2010
bullet candy perfect
caster
Darwinia
defcon
dirk dashing
Doom 3
eschalon book 1
eschalon book 2
gish
h craft
lugaru
machinarium
osmos
Penumbra 1 overture
Penumbra 2 black plague
Penumbra 3 overture
Quake 1
Quake 2
samarost
serious sam
serious sam 2 (***edit*** Second Encounters my apologies for confusion)
sunblast
uplink
Ut 2004
World of Goo
Liam Dawe Oct 31, 2010

Someone a little gaming addicted? :D
Rustybolts Oct 31, 2010

QuoteSomeone a little gaming addicted? :D

Always have been :geek:
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.