Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
GRUNND | dark mystery and SciFi fusion
Olafs_GRUNND Nov 22, 2021
Goodday!

I won't play around here - it's my first post and you have every reason to hate on it. But life is life :]

If you are into narrative driven adventure games, check out our Kickstarter. GRUNND is a fusion between dark narrative and Science fiction, inspired my works of Lynch and Kafka, Southern Gothic and BlackMetal soundscape and mechanics of your favorite RPG.
And we need any support we can get!

No demo on Linux yet, but our next [and first] stretch goal is not unreal and, jeez, if you could chip in!

https://tinyurl.com/GRUNNDkst

Any questions welcome.

And I do understand, that my karma isn't singing happy songs with me spamming like that here.

All the best,

- Olafs
scaine Nov 22, 2021
Don't want to sound negative, but Linux-as-a-stretch-goal has long been seen as a bit of a slap in the face to us Linux stalwarts. I tend to think that if you're going to do multi-platform, then you'll do it because it's a (slightly) bigger audience for your game, it grants you good will, access to high quality bug-reports, and multi-platform development tends to be more robust anyway. You don't/shouldn't do it for an extra $3000 during your kickstarter.

Lovely looking game though, beautiful animations. Best of luck!
Olafs_GRUNND Nov 22, 2021
Quoting: scaineDon't want to sound negative, but Linux-as-a-stretch-goal has long been seen as a bit of a slap in the face to us Linux stalwarts. I tend to think that if you're going to do multi-platform, then you'll do it because it's a (slightly) bigger audience for your game, it grants you good will, access to high quality bug-reports, and multi-platform development tends to be more robust anyway. You don't/shouldn't do it for an extra $3000 during your kickstarter.

Lovely looking game though, beautiful animations. Best of luck!

Yes, might be overdone. I came to this by thinking more about proper testing on bothe extra platfors. That require people, etc.

I can make big announcement of dropping the "price" at least now...

It was a sound advice, nothing negative :)

- Olafs
Liam Dawe Nov 22, 2021
Part of the problem is not only what Scaine already said, but quite a few Kickstarters reneged on their Linux support, even some that had it as a stretch-goal.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.