Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Server Migration
Liam Dawe Jan 11, 2022
Hi everyone. Please be aware that we're planning a server migration within the next day or so.

When this happens "old GOL" will go into total lockdown with a maintenance message. Once you see that vanish and things are open, you'll be seeing the new server. Will update when I know more. Keep an eye on our socials for info.
BlackBloodRum Jan 11, 2022
Good luck

Hopefully you don't run into issues, since GOL is the best source for Linux gaming related news, so we need this place to keep working

PS: Don't forget to backup.

Last edited by BlackBloodRum on 11 January 2022 at 10:33 am UTC
Liam Dawe Jan 11, 2022
The new server has been tested and appears to work just fine after an initial migration. The next step is to migrate data over made since and then do the swap. Not expecting any issues.
GustyGhost Jan 11, 2022
Is this to expand capacity? A cost saving measure? Should we expect to see any changes on our end?
Liam Dawe Jan 11, 2022
Quoting: GustyGhostIs this to expand capacity? A cost saving measure? Should we expect to see any changes on our end?
It will expand us a fair bit yes. Main reason though was to move to a more reliable host. No changes should be seen other than some downtime when the move properly begins.
Liam Dawe Jan 11, 2022
Should be all done now.
WorMzy Jan 11, 2022
Hope it all went smoothly. :)
Liam Dawe Jan 11, 2022
Quoting: WorMzyHope it all went smoothly. :)
Well, it certainly seems so :D
BlackBloodRum Jan 11, 2022
I can't access the new website, how do I know if I'm using it?

(a microsoft user would say )

Glad to see it all went well!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.