You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Recommendations for full AMD gaming laptop?
Floyd Jan 24, 2022
Hey, just wanted to see if anyone had any laptop models (even if they are a bit older and I can find them used) they'd recommend with an AMD processor and GPU.
I'm looking for something with a GPU comparable to a Nvidia GTX 1050ti at or better, mostly want a solid 1080p/60fps experience.
g000h Jan 25, 2022
Just had a little look for myself, and there are comparatively few: You can find lots of gaming-oriented laptops with Ryzen processors but Intel RTX for graphics. (It's so bad, that I'd say ratio of AMD cpu + Intel gaming graphics : AMD cpu + AMD gaming graphics is more than 30 : 1 )

With completely AMD laptops, you tend to get Ryzen + integrated Radeon graphics. Some have AMD's integrated Vega 8 chipset (which is even slower than the Nvidia GTX 1050ti).

I did find an ASUS ROG Strix Advantage laptop with Ryzen 9-5900HX cpu and AMD RX 6800M 12GB graphics inside. Also another ASUS ROG Strix model. Then a Dell G5 from 2020 had AMD+AMD as well.

Good luck!
ziabice Jan 25, 2022
The HP Omen 16 (here seems good enough and not so pricey.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.