Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
New 30-day sponsor
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
damarrin Mar 25, 2022
Quoting: Liam Dawe
Quoting: damarrinI welcome this development, though surely the next step is some company coming by and giving Liam 5 mil for the site so they can turn it into an ad-infested piece of crap.

In case that happens, take the money and run :-)
It would definitely take a good few zeros to make me part with GOL, and some references to show they actually know their way around Linux for me to even consider it. If I did ever sell, I would want GOL to still operate properly after all I built up with it.

That's not how fortunes are made and you know it. Any entity that pays top dollar for a site will need to monetise it to hell and back right after any contractual safeguards expire.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not trying to tell you what to do or anything of the sort. It's meant more as a general observation about the relation between making money and making something worthwhile.

Last edited by damarrin on 25 March 2022 at 9:14 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.