You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
New Witcher game announced
Shmerl Mar 21, 2022
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/a-new-saga-begins.11101351/

The only technical detail is that it will use Unreal Engine 5, so CDPR are dropping their REDengine.

Last edited by Shmerl on 21 March 2022 at 6:46 pm UTC
Shmerl Mar 21, 2022
That I don't doubt, so I haven't even wondered about it. And I expect them to release it on GOG obviously.

Since UE supports Linux, more interesting question is whether they'll care about the native version, with Steam Deck around especially.

Last edited by Shmerl on 21 March 2022 at 7:56 pm UTC
PublicNuisance Mar 22, 2022
Unreal 4 has Linux support so if Unreal 5 does as well then at the very least this may help lower issues running it on Linux. I doubt I will try it out as I loved the original and didn't care for the combat of the second and haven't tried the third for that reason.
Liam Dawe Mar 22, 2022
Quoting: ShmerlSince UE supports Linux, more interesting question is whether they'll care about the native version, with Steam Deck around especially.
It won't you can be 100% guaranteed. Why would they?
Ehvis Mar 22, 2022
Quoting: Liam Dawe
Quoting: ShmerlSince UE supports Linux, more interesting question is whether they'll care about the native version, with Steam Deck around especially.
It won't you can be 100% guaranteed. Why would they?

Maybe for top notch performance on SteamOS 6 which will be default on Steam Deck 4. Which should be about ready when they are.
Shmerl Mar 22, 2022
Quoting: Liam DaweIt won't you can be 100% guaranteed. Why would they?

I'd ask why wouldn't they if the heavy lifting is done by the engine and native version will likely perform better than Windows one.
Avehicle7887 Mar 22, 2022
Whether they use UE5 or some other engine makes no difference to me personally.

My rules are simple

- Release DRM-Free on GOG
- Works fine in Linux (Wine or Native)
- No Bullshit Galaxy Skin "My Rewards" crap
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.