Good game music suggestions -
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
Lofty Apr 20, 2022
Do you Listen to music whilst gaming ? I do, it depends on the type of game where i might have background music going if it takes hundreds of hours (like a survival game).
Have you got any good new music to share where there is a game where you always like to change the default mood of the game with alternate music. Like changing it from orchestral to retro wave or metal.

please share your current favorite tracklist or artist
GustyGhost Apr 21, 2022
I've lately taken to podcasts while running games. It's a good way to get through deep dives and interviews since games already have you sitting and concentrating on things.
denyasis Apr 21, 2022
I usually tend to stick with the games' soundtracks. Some of them are really good and I'm not cultured enough to really tell otherwise, lol.

Admittedly, this has backfired on me. I think Morrowind's theme is permanently etched into my brain and I haven't played it since about 2014.

If I do music, I tend to go with various rock music; I go through phases, so what I actually listen to kinda rotates over the course of time. Currently I've been doing Sabaton, Nightwish, and similar "operatic metal/rock" (not sure if that's the right word for it, sorry).

Quoting: GustyGhostI've lately taken to podcasts while running games. It's a good way to get through deep dives and interviews since games already have you sitting and concentrating on things.

How do you do that? Is the podcast background noise or are you actually paying attention to it? If I have anything requiring attention on (podcast, tv, video), I get completely distracted from what I was focusing on.

Last edited by denyasis on 21 April 2022 at 4:27 pm UTC
razing32 Apr 22, 2022
I played Assasin's Creed Black Flag with Alestorm in the background.
I was too lazy to collect sea shanties and their music just fits so well.
GustyGhost Apr 22, 2022
Quoting: denyasisHow do you do that? Is the podcast background noise or are you actually paying attention to it? If I have anything requiring attention on (podcast, tv, video), I get completely distracted from what I was focusing on.

Lately I've been playing a lot of games that involve lonesome exploration. I suppose it wouldn't be possible if I were playing some high powered multiplayer shooter.
Bradleyddaren Apr 23, 2022
Quoting: LoftyDo you Listen to music whilst gaming ? I do, it depends on the type of game where i might have background music going if it takes hundreds of hours (like a survival game).
Have you got any good new music to share where there is a game where you always like to change the default mood of the game with alternate music. Like changing it from orchestral to retro wave or metal.

please share your current favorite tracklist or artist
Hello !
My name is Bradley, and I always listen to music while playing. Sometimes even while working. The sound I like best is a legend never dies. The remix version by Alan Walker.
mAdCraZyaJ Apr 23, 2022
Quoting: razing32I played Assasin's Creed Black Flag with Alestorm in the background.
I was too lazy to collect sea shanties and their music just fits so well.

Any of the albums by The Longest John’s are great for games like Sea of Thieves and AC. Various shanties are now permanently residing in my wife’s subconscious ready to be triggered. Very catchy.
Lofty Apr 28, 2022
Quoting: mAdCraZyaJAny of the albums by The Longest John’s are great for games like Sea of Thieves and AC. Various shanties are now permanently residing in my wife’s subconscious ready to be triggered. Very catchy.

Shanties you say ?

Sea Shanty 2

Play this and it might trigger her to dress up in a pirates outfit

Last edited by Lofty on 28 April 2022 at 5:45 pm UTC
denyasis Apr 28, 2022
Quoting: BradleyddarenThe remix version by Alan Walker

Hey, now, that's a good suggestion! I tend to listen to them when I go jogging. Might be fun for some sci-fi gaming.

On a side note, I happened across an article while in my lunch break talking about workplace focus, productivity, etc. They actually mention listening to video game sound tracks while working. Apparently it's good background noise, and since it's instrumental, it's not too distracting!

Almost gone full circle!! Lol
Bradleyddaren Apr 29, 2022
Quoting: denyasisOn a side note, I happened across an article while in my lunch break talking about workplace focus, productivity, etc. They actually mention listening to video game sound tracks while working
That's right. I've noticed that I'm more productive at work when listening to opennig . I have a weakness for manga!
denyasis Apr 30, 2022
Quoting: Bradleyddaren
Quoting: denyasisOn a side note, I happened across an article while in my lunch break talking about workplace focus, productivity, etc. They actually mention listening to video game sound tracks while working
That's right. I've noticed that I'm more productive at work when listening to opennig . I have a weakness for manga!

Not gonna lie, I tried it at work today. Did the Hollow Knight soundtrack while sorting parts. Got through 3 cases, which is more than I thought I would!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.