You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
External media changes
Liam Dawe Nov 11, 2022
Hi all, you may have noticed external media in comments and forum posts is now behind a privacy box, this matches what we do with YouTube videos in articles. You can accept them individually, or accept all external media and not see it again as it will set a cookie. You can enable / disable this any time on the cookies page.

The point is to protect your data, like your IP (which GDPR classes as personal data), which as far as I know is required for stuff like GDPR. It's a bit of a minefield but regardless, it seemed like a good idea to implement. Some media hosts might set cookies, store your IP etc so it just seems like a good sane idea to initially hide external media in posts from users and let people decide if they wish to see it.

Example using the box itself to show how it looks, hilarious:

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 11 November 2022 at 11:58 am UTC
buono Nov 11, 2022
Totally off topic but I've only just noticed your change to the gol logo :)

I like the steamdeck version :)
Liam Dawe Nov 11, 2022
Quoting: buonoTotally off topic but I've only just noticed your change to the gol logo :)

I like the steamdeck version :)
More on that over here.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.