Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Watch Dogs - The Fallout
sr_ls_boy Jun 20, 2014
I've been watching the 'Watch Dogs' debacle recently with regards to the modding. In a nutshell, UbiSoft has crippled the Windows version, deliberately. IMO, This is done to keep parity across all consoles. The user response has been typical. Since I've always been a pc user (Windows/Linux), I've
never really paid attention to the politics concerning the consoles especially with the 'Certification' of games. With the news of 'Watch Dogs' preset, people are crying foul and calling certification a blackmail scheme.

How do you think the future steam box will change the climate for developers? I was thinking with SteamOS being open source and 'boxes' being manufactured by a myriad of companies that valve will have to loosen up on certification.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.