Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
I Switched To Linux A Year Ago And All I Got Was This Lousy T-shirt
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Cyril Jun 5, 2023
Alt Gr + ; --> •••••
Alt GR + : --> ·····
Alt Gr + , --> ´´´´´
StoneColdSpider Jun 6, 2023
My....... Dot....... Addiction....... Will........ Never.......... Be......... Cured.........
Pengling Jun 6, 2023
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderMy....... Dot....... Addiction....... Will........ Never.......... Be......... Cured.........
We need a Linux distro or localisation just for you - "Dot Linux", or something like that.
StoneColdSpider Jun 7, 2023
Quoting: Pengling
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderMy....... Dot....... Addiction....... Will........ Never.......... Be......... Cured.........
We need a Linux distro or localisation just for you - "Dot Linux", or something like that.

I think I have found my new keyboard..........

Last edited by StoneColdSpider on 7 June 2023 at 4:06 am UTC
ipkpjersi Jun 7, 2023
I switched to Linux back in 2017 and haven't looked back. Honestly, best decision ever. Thanks to Valve and Proton, Linux gaming is so much more accessible than ever before.
14 Jun 8, 2023
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderLibreOffice has had problems with my second monitor as well through the year…… At what appears to be random periods of time that can last a month or two it will stop opening on my main monitor and will only open on my secondary monitor…… Which is really annoying when I dont have that monitor turned on….. And then in what seems like random will go back to opening on my main monitor…… It doesnt seem to coincide with any LibreOffice updates either so it might be another dependency update that is causing it….. But I dont know which……
Try backing up your X11 config and not using one at all. I am on AMD, so it might not help in your case, but deleting all my configs in /etc/X11 solved some annoying, inconsistent behavior for me. Just rename any configs you're using to something other than '.config' and then reboot.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderAnother intermittent issue I have had is when it comes to shutting down the computer…… Sometimes I get a line of text “A stop job is running for User Manager for UID 1000” and a timer counts to 90 seconds and then it finishes shutting down.
Oh man, that message looks very familiar. I haven't seen that in years though. You're gonna have to figure out which service takes a long time to shut down. After you solve that, you might be interested to disable the watchdog service, as it can often delay shutdowns as well.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.