Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
What were your best finds in mystery game bundles?
Pengling Aug 16, 2023
I know that not everyone likes these things, but this is a question for those who do: What are your best pulls from mystery Steam-key bundles?

I buy all of mine from Fanatical, and late last year I ended up getting Doom, Doom 64, and Doom 2016 across a few very cheap bundles, and across those same bundles and a few others I also got Dead End Job, Dustforce DX, GRIP: Combat Racing, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Unrailed, and XIII (Classic).

In the same three-game mystery-bundle where I got Turok I also got a game called Biped, which when redeemed also automatically gave me another multiplayer game from the same developer for free, Screaming Chicken: Ultimate Showdown, making mine a four-game bundle instead!

And in the current Action Mystery Bundle, my best pulls were American Fugitive, Dishonoured, and The Flame in the Flood.

There've been a bunch more games besides, but I feel that these are definitely the highlights!

I've only had my Steam account for less than two years (and I'm admittedly a bit of a sucker for blind-bags and the like ), so this has proven to be a really cost-effective way of grabbing a bunch of well-regarded older stuff as well as newer indie titles that I missed before returning to PC-gaming after decades of absence, and also to encourage me to step out of my comfort-zone every now and then. Even when I've gotten games that simply aren't my sort of thing, the price paid for the bundles (only ever a few pounds) is eclipsed by the going price of the ones I want to keep, and I've had no difficulty finding new homes for the other keys. It's all worked out very well - I've gotten a lot of good games for peanuts, which has been a bit of a culture-shock having been on the console side of things for decades.

I'm curious to know what others' best finds have been in these sorts of blind-bundles.

Last edited by Pengling on 16 August 2023 at 6:23 am UTC
StoneColdSpider Aug 16, 2023
Ive got to much Scottish blood in me to spend money on mystery items..... So I have never bought a "Mystery Game Bundle" or a "Blind Bag" or any of that........ I think Dr Ashens spent more money on blowtorch gas to burn the blind bag items that he spent on the blind bags.......
Klaas Aug 16, 2023
I only got the overwhelmingly positive mystery game bonus from my recent Fanatical purchase. It's Dog Sled Saga
Pengling Aug 16, 2023
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderIve got to much Scottish blood in me to spend money on mystery items..... So I have never bought a "Mystery Game Bundle" or a "Blind Bag" or any of that........ I think Dr Ashens spent more money on blowtorch gas to burn the blind bag items that he spent on the blind bags.......
I'm not burning any of these - they're too good for that!

Quoting: KlaasI only got the overwhelmingly positive mystery game bonus from my recent Fanatical purchase. It's Dog Sled Saga
I got Dog Sled Saga in one of mine, too! I need to give it a try sometime soon - might be a good one to ring in the winter?
StoneColdSpider Aug 16, 2023
Quoting: PenglingI'm not burning any of these - they're too good for that!
Dont think you can burn digital video games........

Quoting: PenglingI got Dog Sled Saga in one of mine, too! I need to give it a try sometime soon - might be a good one to ring in the winter?
Sounds like something for an Advent Gaming Calendar........
fabertawe Aug 18, 2023
I've only ever bought the one mystery bundle but I got Fallout 3. I put in about 90 hours before I got the modding bug and had to buy the GOTY edition (on sale). I've now put in 230+ hours on GOTY and a lot of time modding it. Perversely, I enjoyed modding nearly as much as playing! That was a learning experience through Steam on Linux

There was also a Dead Island Definitive in the bundle but I'd already played that to death (no pun intended) on the Linux native version, so someone on here got the key.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.