Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
What sorta display and audio setup do you folks got?
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
I have actually upgraded my sound system this my first post......

I found a Logitech Z312 speaker system at the OpShop for $5.......... So I am using that right now.......
Xpander Apr 14
Main Display: Gigabyte GBT M27Q 2560x1440 @ 165hz
2nd Display: AOC AG271QG4 2560x1440 @ 144hz
TV/3rd Display: Hisense TV 4K@60hz

Soundcard: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB DAC
Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50X
whizse Apr 14
Monitor: AOC CU34G2X 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440
- Love the ultrawide! Possibly starting to regret not getting a HDR monitor. I'm not sure i would notice much difference but it's always nice to have new stuff to play with.

Audio: Yamaha SRC20ABL Soundbar
- I replaced my aging Logitech Z-4 system with a soundbar. Mostly to save space (on the desktop and on the floor) and get rid of the excessive wiring required for separate speakers and subwoofer. Sounds pretty nice, probably the least worst of the soundbars.
tuubi Apr 14
My gaming display is a decade old 42" Sony Bravia with a slowly spreading blob of dying pixels near the bottom edge and a temperamental power supply.

Game audio comes out of a cheap pair of wired Koss Porta Pro headphones (because they're light and very comfortable), a pair of 20-year-old KEF Q-series shelf speakers fed by a Sony AV amp when I've got company, or a nice pair of AKG K712 Pro phones when I feel like it.

I've got a larger LG OLED TV for movies and shows in the living room, with KEF Q750 floor standers and a Cambridge Audio stereo amp for a better aural experience. I'm actually just getting a bunch of acoustic wall panels installed to make it even nicer.

As you can see, gaming gets a lower budget than other forms of entertainment these days. But I do plan to replace the dying TV with a new OLED screen of a similar size in the near future. And maybe I'll look into streaming some games to the living room setup at some point.

Last edited by tuubi on 14 April 2024 at 11:07 am UTC
pilk Apr 14
For my main monitor, a nearly decade-old AOC 1080p60 panel, and for the second one, a 1280x1024 Dell monitor from 2006. The second monitor is on a different table because I can't afford to get a new desk.

As for my TV, I just have a 40-inch 1080p Samsung from their boot jingle era. Used to have a cheapo 4K from LG but it was defective and I absolutely detest Smart TVs.

As for my audio setup, I'm using a wireless Logitech headset. The microphone broke one day, so I use a USB mic that sounds better anyways.

Last edited by pilk on 14 April 2024 at 9:55 pm UTC
Mezron Apr 14
My main machine and gaming room is very simple

Laptop: System76 Gazelle 17"
Sound: Logitech - Z200
Headset: Hamilton SC-7V Headphones

Living room and bedroom have the same setup

Screen: Element E4S 50 inch
Computer: Raspberry Pi 4 - 8 GB running Twister OS
Sound: Harmon Kardon SoundSticks (2000 series)
Nothing special tbh.

Main Desktop:
1x DELL 27" 2560x140 60Hz
1x Samsung 24" 1920x1080 60Hz
1x Logitec Stereo Speakers I have since for ever
1x Corsair HS35 Stereo Headset

Steam Deck:
Well the Stem Deck internals
But for playing in docked mode I have
1x LG 1920x1080 60Hz HDR TV

And then there is my ancient Laptop:
MSI CX61 (2013) with an 1366x768 display and stereo speakers.
I have a BenQ PD3220U 31.5" 4K UHD 100% sRGB Calibrated HDR10 IPS Designer Monitor. I bought it for about $2,000. Alone, it costs about as much as all the parts in the desktop tower that drives it.

I have hopes that one day I'll be able to properly use the other color spaces on Wayland and calibrate my display...

I also have a 21-inch "business monitor" I use as a second monitor. ...and technically a Cintiq for a third monitor.

I wish KDE handled multiple monitors like GNOME. I need to pin windows on my secondary/tertiary monitors so they don't disappear when I switch desktops.

On the other hand, I recently acquired an $80 Creative sound bar, which produces better sound than the two speakers I inherited years ago while having fewer cables. And it has a remote! How handy. It doesn't seem to work from 10 meters away, though.

I used to have these really nice, comfortable headphones for the rare occasion I used them, but one of the speakers stopped working and I had to get new ones...they aren't comfortable but they were one of the few that were wired, and cost about as much as the old ones.

Input wise, I have a Blue Yeti but I'm now using a Rode Procaster with the Vocaster.

I also have an iMac from 2017 with macOS Sonoma for running Adobe programs.
rcrit Apr 18
Quoting: pleasereadthemanualI wish KDE handled multiple monitors like GNOME. I need to pin windows on my secondary/tertiary monitors so they don't disappear when I switch desktops.

You might try "Move to all Desktops" for this. My second monitor is used for chat and I have IRC, slack and Discord clients visible on all desktops this way.
Quoting: rcrit
Quoting: pleasereadthemanualI wish KDE handled multiple monitors like GNOME. I need to pin windows on my secondary/tertiary monitors so they don't disappear when I switch desktops.

You might try "Move to all Desktops" for this. My second monitor is used for chat and I have IRC, slack and Discord clients visible on all desktops this way.
That's what I meant by "pinning windows", but I'd really love if there was a way on Plasma 6 to automatically make all windows on secondary monitors "Move to all Desktops" without needing to click the Pin or tap a keyboard shortcut.

There was a Plasma 5 extension that did this but it doesn't work on Plasma 6 as far as I can tell.

Last edited by pleasereadthemanual on 19 April 2024 at 1:43 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.