Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
What game(s) will you always have installed as long as they work???
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
Valso Sep 12, 2023
Quoting: Sputnik_tr_02By modular, I meant if it is possible to make a version that only disables Catch-up and maybe police arrest without changing anything else. I just want to make the game less annoying. What tools do you use for making your mod? Anyway, have a nice one.

I changed so many things and it was long ago, so I don't remember how to reverse the most of them. You can try modding the game yourself with the things you want. The tool is named "NFS VAULT EDITOR 4.6". If you can't find it or download it, I'll upload mine somewhere and give you the link.
Sputnik_tr_02 Sep 12, 2023
Quoting: Valso
Quoting: Sputnik_tr_02By modular, I meant if it is possible to make a version that only disables Catch-up and maybe police arrest without changing anything else. I just want to make the game less annoying. What tools do you use for making your mod? Anyway, have a nice one.

I changed so many things and it was long ago, so I don't remember how to reverse the most of them. You can try modding the game yourself with the things you want. The tool is named "NFS VAULT EDITOR 4.6". If you can't find it or download it, I'll upload mine somewhere and give you the link.

Thanks for the info, I will give it a go when I get to playing the game in the future. PCGWiki also mentions a customizable script mod I might try. Thanks again.
Plintslîcho Sep 12, 2023
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGrand Theft Auto: Vice City

Oh yeah, before I switched entirely to Linux that was basically me as well.

The only game that I have sitting on all my machines now for years already is Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos. It's one of the best games ever for me personally and I still greatly enjoy it.

Last edited by Plintslîcho on 12 September 2023 at 6:05 pm UTC
Mezron Sep 13, 2023
* Garou: Mark of the Wolves
* Virtua Fighter 2
* Tekken 3
* Fatal Fury 2 Special
* Street Fighter II Remastered Edition
* Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
* Doom (1993)
devland Sep 19, 2023
Every now and then I play Torchlight 2. It's the perfect arpg. It works on potatoes, graphics are holding up, no DRM so offline play is no problem, has LAN coop, a great Linux port and lots of mods. They don't make them like this anymore. :P

Last edited by devland on 19 September 2023 at 8:03 am UTC
Xpander Sep 19, 2023
wvstolzing Sep 19, 2023
NES Tetris (via nestopia), & the OG Doom (via chocolate doom)
-- apparently these two are the only ones I've cared enough about to keep 'installed'; though I'm pretty sure I have a loaded DosBox folder with Civ 1 & 2, Volfied, etc. somewhere on my drive.

I used to make sure I had a MAME version ready to play the Street Fighter Alpha & 'II' series; though at some point my installation broke, and I didn't bother to fix it.
devland Sep 19, 2023
Quoting: Xpander

Are the return of reckoning servers open source? Can you setup your own?
Xpander Sep 19, 2023
Quoting: devlandAre the return of reckoning servers open source? Can you setup your own?

Afaik WAREmu is opensource, but RoR database and all the rest is not.
You can setup your own server but you would not have much there, though there might be some old databases somewhere who knows...
Pengling Sep 19, 2023
Quoting: wvstolzingI used to make sure I had a MAME version ready to play the Street Fighter Alpha & 'II' series; though at some point my installation broke, and I didn't bother to fix it.
The RetroArch Flatpak makes MAME an awful lot more convenient these days, in my experience, and it's nice and easy to add entries for individual games to your system menu/Steam/etc..
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.