Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Weekend Players' Club 12/8/2023
StoneColdSpider Dec 8, 2023
G'Day fellow tuxers……. Its Bruce your host here once again…….. Its a sunny Saturday here right now…….……

[+..••] This week in Emulationville I played [+..••]

Arcade

Splatterhouse (1988 Namco) - Beat 'em up

Console

Dakar 2: The World's Ultimate Rally (2003 Acclaim) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Racing)
Daytona USA (1995 Sega) - Sega Saturn - Sports (Racing)
ESPN NFL 2K5 (2004 Sega) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Football)
Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Football)
Metal Slug 1st Mission (1999 SNK) - Neo Geo Pocket Color - Run and gun
NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (2002 Infogrames) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (2006 Konami) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Soccer)
Rescue: The Embassy Mission (1990 Kemco) - Nintendo Entertainment System - Action
Tecmo Super Bowl 2024 (2023 TecmoBowl.org) - Nintendo Entertainment System - Sports (Football)
TOCA Touring Car Championship (1997 Codemasters) - Sony PlayStation - Sports (Racing)
Todd's Adventures in Slime World (1992 Atari) - Atari Lynx - Platformer
Trivial Pursuit (1992 Domark) - Sega Master System - Board game
Zero Wing (1991 Toaplan) - Sega Mega Drive - Shoot 'em up - Horizontal

PC

Dakar 18 (2018 Bigmoon Entertainment) - Steam - Sports (Racing)
NASCAR Heat 5 (2020 Motorsport Games) - Steam - Sports (Racing)
Race 07 (2007 SimBin) - Steam - Sports (Racing)
SRX: The Game (2021 Monster Games) - Steam - Sports (Racing)

Dick Trickles Racing Career: Part 44
NASCAR Dirt to Daytona: Part 44
2005 Featherlite Modified Series Season 2: Race 10

Intro music…... Hello and welcome to Left Turn Heaven….. Im Murray Eastlake and today im going to be bringing you all the action from the 2005 Featherlite Modified Series: Round 10 of 11 here at New Hampshire International Raceway……..

I will have a major announcement about the future of Left Turn Heaven at the end of the show…… So be sure to stay tuned for that….. You wont want to miss it…….

New Hampshire International Raceway…….

New Hampshire International Raceway is 1.058 miles long with 12 degrees of banking…… This track might only be a tad over a mile long…… But with big long straights and sweeping turns at each end…….. The cars can really stretch their legs…….. Horse power and lots of it is the name of the game here……. With plenty of room to move…… This should be a very fast and free flowing race…….

Last night was the final race of the 2005 Weekly Dirt Racing Series……. Dick was there of course and was gunning for his third undefeated season in a row…… And he accomplished that with ease as the Infogrames Flaming Dick Machine was just far to powerful for anyone to stop……. Dick has dominated the dirt series in a way I have never seen before……. 32 straight dirt series wins is yet another record Dick has set…….. What another amazing season Dick has had…...

2005 Weekly Dirt Racing Series: Round 10 of 10…...

Dick has already wrapped up the 2005 Featherlite Modified Series Championship but there is still the undefeated season to race for……. Gray Soros is racing to keep second place……. While Joel York and Francis Lee are racing to take second place from Gray Soros……. And Jason Sulivan is racing just for the pride of ending Dicks undefeated streak……. There is still lots to race for…..

Dont touch the sets...... Dont touch the dials...... You wont want to miss a single moment of the 2005 Featherlite Modified Series....… Practice and qualifying are coming up right now……

Dick Trickle at the track ready to race.…

Dick again only ran a few laps to check everything was in working order…… He upped his pace for the last few and ran some quick times…… And with everything seemingly working fine he drove back to the paddock area and gave Pussy Galore the thumbs up……. Dick spent the rest of the practice session checking every that bolt and screw was tight and ready to go…...

Qualifying was up next and Dick was again the man to set the fastest time……. He ran a sensational lap of 29.815 to secure pole position for the race……. Dick was 0.8 seconds quicker than the former series champion Jason Sulivan who set a time of 30.654 to take second place…….

Third place was Francis Lee who was a further 0.6 seconds behind Jason Sulivan……. Francis Lee recorded a time of 31.275……. Joel York was in his usual place right behind Francis Lee after setting a time of 31.547…….

Rounding out the top five was another former series champion William Anderson who was able to set a time of 31.910……. Anderson has just never been able to recapture the pace that saw him win the 2003 Featherlite Modified Series Championship……..

Currently sitting second place in the championship…… Gray Soros will be very nervous……. He could only manage a sixth place starting spot with a 32.110…… If things finish as they are right now he would lose second place in the championship……. Soros will be a man looking to make moves during the race…….

Qualifying Results....…..

Dick Trickle lined up ready to start the race......

Dick leads the field to the green flag for this 50 lap race……. Dick gets a good start as does Jason Sulivan on the outside……

Francis Lee and Joel York fight for third place down the straight while William Anderson and Gray Soros try to sort out their differences for fifth…….

Dick leads through turn one but slides up the track….. He loses momentum and this allows Jason Sulivan to again catch up….. Dick managed to cover the inside and forces Sulivan to go around the long way around the outside……

Joel York is also try to go around the outside of Francis Lee while Gray Soros is trying to do the same to William Anderson……

As they exit turn two Jason Sulivan has his nose in front going down the back straight……. But he cant clear Dick and Dick will have the inside line for turn three……

Francis Lee is holding off Joel York as Lee has the lead down the back straight and the inside line……. York is looking for a way past but he might need to just fall in line and bide his time…… He might be a racer but he needs to remember that this is a marathon……

William Anderson has easily cleared Gray Soros and Soros is now under attack from Jeff Ondich…. Soros needs to make up positions……. This is not the start he was looking for……

Dick penetrates deep into turn three to slide under Jason Sulivan to take the lead……. Sulivan is trying to hold on but he cant hold off the power of Dick…… As they exit turn four Dick has the clear lead……. Sulivan might have missed his only chance to have Dick behind him…..

Francis Lee does indeed hold onto third place through turns three and four as Joel York just could not make the outside line work……. William Anderson almost has a chance to make the pass but was not able to do so…….

Dick pulls himself clear of Jason Sulivan and starts to build a big gap……. Sulivan is looking set for another boring race……. He is way to slow to catch Dick and he is to far for Francis Lee…… He might need some songs played through his earpiece to keep him awake……..

Francis Lee is still in third and doing a splendid job of holding off Joel York who looks very frustrated behind Lee…… These two have been battling hard for weeks…… But Francis Lee has always come out on top in the battles…….

William Anderson rounds out the top five and he is keeping in touch with the two in front……. Not close enough to make a move….. But close enough to take advantage should either or both of them make a mistake…..

At the half way stage……. Dick has a commanding lead…… He has almost lapped the entire field just needing to lap Jason Sulivan…….. The Grinch Performance Flaming Dick Machine is looking totally unbeatable today……. And only a mistake from Dick could take the win away from him…….

Jason Sulivan must feel like hes in solitary confinement…… Hes been all on his own bar lapping cars…… With no chance of catching Dick and no way of losing second I hope he has some good tunes playing in the car……

Francis Lee sits in third and is still defending hard from Joel York who is starting to come to life…… I think Yorks tyres might be in better condition and hes starting to look faster than Lee out there right now…..

William Anderson has drifted back a bit from the pair in front and holds down a solid fifth place…… Gray Soros is there ready to pounce if Anderson has a problem but he is not in any outright attacking position…..

Just after the half way stage and a huge plume of smoke fills the race track…… And through the smoke I can just see that Clark Oakenfolds engine has said no more and blown in protest…… Oakenfold pulls off the track with the trail of smoke still behind him…… Oakenfold was last before his engine expired so nothing will chance in the running order……

The smoke causes a few visibility issues but it clears rather quickly and the cars are back racing at full speed in no time…….

As the laps wind down there are no changes to the top five positions….. The only thing that has changed is that Dick has squirted past Jason Sulivan to put Sulivan a lap down…… Sulivan was not happy with that and flipped Dick the bird as he went past “Im the former number one” says Jason Sulivan……

Third is still Francis Lee who is just about holding into that position……. Joel York has been looking a lot faster during the second half of this race……. And as they come to pass more lapped traffic Joel York makes a desperate move to get past Lee and fails…… He hits the back of the lapped car…… Joel York is able to continue but the battle for third is well and truly over…….

And fifth is William Anderson who has been very quiet during the back half of the race…… He wont say no to another top five finish but the former series champion will be so disappointed to not be higher yet again…….

As the chequered flag waves to end the race Dick has taken another win…… Ten in a row now for Dick and he is just one win away from being the first person to go the entire Featherlite Modified Series season undefeated……

Second was Jason Sulivan who almost fell asleep multiple times during that race im sure…… He will be looking forward to the end of the season….. It has not been a great year for Sulivan plenty of second place finishes but there is also a lot of DNFs in the results column as well……..

Francis Lee held on for third place….. He will be well pleased with that result…… He was right in the battle for second place in the championship and he might just be the new number two depending where Gray Soros finishes…….

Fourth was again Joel York who just cant catch a break…… He has again found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory over Francis Lee….. He is going to have nightmares during the off season about Lee in this continues next week……

And rounding out the top five was the 2003 Featherlite Modified Series Champion William Anderson…… Hes had another good year results wise with yet another top five finish…. His seventh of the season…… But hes just not been as good as when he won the series……. He will be looking long and hard in the mirror to see if he can recapture that form……..

And the former second placed man in the championship Gray Soros finished down in sixth place……. He now drops to third and is tied on points with the fourth placed Joel York……. Gray Soros will be VERY disappointed with that result and will be looking to turn that around next week in the season finale……..

Race Results..…

After the race Dick does his traditional burn out down the front straight in front of the packed grandstand…… The crowd is loving every second of it……. Dick disappears in a cloud of tyre smoke as we hear the engine bouncing of the rev limiter…… The crowd almost drowns out the engine sound as they cheer for more……..

After the burnout Dick rolls out of the smoke and makes his way to victory lane…… But not before passing Jason Sulivan…… Dick flips Sulivan the double bird “I finished number today and im also number one in the championship” says Dick as he rolls by Sulivan and drives off to victory lane……..

All Sulivan can do is yell obscenities at Dick as he drives off….. Sulivan is looking really agro right now…… Hes very frustrated after he couldnt outlast Dick again today…….

Dick rolls into victory lane……. As he climbs out of the car he is greeted by the extremely excited Pussy Galore……. Who gives Dick a big kiss and giggles with joy…….. I managed to pry Pussy of Dick for a moment to get a word with the race winner…… “Cheers Murray and what another awesome race win that was……. The Dick Domination™ continues and has no signs of stopping…… Just one more race to go and I will have the undefeated season all wrapped up……”

“As for the Grinch Performance Modified Flaming Dick Machine……. That car was amazing all weekend…… I could not fault it at all…… Once the tyres heat up this thing is practically unbeatable……. I always look forward to getting in the car its such a pleasure to drive……. Almost as pleasurable as a night with Pussy Galore…….”

“No Dirt Series races next week so we will be able to put all of our efforts into this machine this week……. And so we should be all set for the final at Martinsville Speedway……. I had a very dominating win there last year but that was last year……. I need to make sure the car is fine and just drive as fast as I can and we will see where we are….. Hopefully its up front…….. But you can never be to sure of that in the Featherlite Modified Series……..”

“One thing is for certain…… There is a lot on the line for a lot of these drivers and they will be gunning for a win……. So it should be a great race to watch……. Lets just hope you catch this Dick again in victory lane……… Will see you there Murray…….”

Just as the interview ends Jason Sulivan makes his way over yelling obscenities at Dick……. Dick yells obscenities back along with Pussy Galore who has a real mouth on her…… A lady like her shouldnt know those words……. Jason Sulivan pushes Dick and Dick pushes back……. A bit more pushing and shoving ensues before the crews and security step in and separate both men…… As Jason Sulivan is ushered away he yells at Dick some more with Dick yelling back in kind…… Dicks crew try to calm him down…… Hes real fired up…… I think the only thing that could calm him down would be Pussy Galore…….

Let me tell you this feud is not over yet just because the championship has been decided…… Fireworks could well and truly fly at the season finale next week…….

Well there you have it folks…….. Another race has been entered into the great book of motorsport…...

Next week the 2005 Featherlite Modified Series heads to Martinsville Speedway….. For the final round of the season……..

Can Dick get his perfect season and the special surprise promised to him by Pussy Galore???…… Can Jason Sulivan spoil the party and ruin Dicks perfect run??……. Can Francis Lee secure second place with a stunning victory???….. Can Gray Soros bounce back and reclaim second spot???…… Or will Joel York finally beat Francis Lee after weeks of trying????……...

Tune in next week for the answers to all these questions and more….. Exclusively here on Left Turn Heaven……..

And for the major announcement I mentioned earlier……. Left Turn Heaven will now be on a different network……. Starting next week Left Turn Heaven will be broadcasted by the major motor racing network “Crass Racing Association Programming”……

The CRAP Network has been a major network in motor racing programming for many years and its a pleasure and a privilege to be working with such a highly regarded and professional organisation…… We hope you will join us on our new adventure with CRAP…….

This is Murray Eastlake reporting for Left Turn Heaven..... And until next time its goodbye from me....

Winnings.…

NASCAR Heat Weekly.…

2005 Modified Series Championship Standings after round 10 of 11.…

First lap Modified Dick action....

***INTERMISSION……...***

2023 Advent Gaming Calendar

Its that time of year again……. I gave my lovely assistant a list of 40+ games I have never played before……. My assistant had the task of culling the list down to 25 games and putting them in order for the Gaming Advent Calendar……. And I have no idea what games made the cut and what order they are in……

Day 2 of the 2023 Gaming Advent Calendar was……..

Rescue: The Embassy Mission (1990 Kemco) - Nintendo Entertainment System - Action

This is a very interesting game…… The game is split into three very different sections….. move the snipers to the vantage points while avoiding the spotlights……. Then providing sniper cover for other counter-terrorist team to enter the building…… And then going through the building in first person view to rescue the hostages……. Its a very short game…… With the game length increased by bullshit difficulty….. For example you will fail the search light section many times until you learn the patten of the search lights…...

The controls are nice the graphics are nice and the sound are ok at best…… Its a very interesting game…… And well worth checking out if you want to play something a bit different……. Outside of the US this was known as “Hostages” and was also released on a wide range of systems…..

Day 3 of the 2023 Gaming Advent Calendar was……..

Dakar 2: The World's Ultimate Rally (2003 Acclaim) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Racing)

I have played the PS2 version of this game but I had not played the GameCube version before…… This version is very nice……. It controls great and I think better than the PS2 and looks really nice…… Has the same music, sounds, vehicles, tracks, cheat codes and unlocks as the PS2 version……

The GameCube version does seem to have a better damage model with more deformation of the vehicles than what I remember in the PS2 version…… And there is also a mini game that can played played on the GBA using the link cable…… This is not a lazy version of the game at all…….

Overall this is a very good version of the game…… Im leaning more towards the GameCube version over the PlayStation 2 version…… This is well worth playing…….

Day 4 of the 2023 Gaming Advent Calendar was……..

Metal Slug 1st Mission (1999 SNK) - Neo Geo Pocket Color - Run and gun

This is a Neo Geo Pocket Color game and its actually really good……. Of course back in these days you needed to make sacrifices to get a portable experience….. Its still a good fun game…. The graphics are nice for a portable game…… Sounds are ok as well… Controls are a bit weird as the Pocket Color only has two buttons…… So its a bit of a faff to throw bombs…… Not much of a storyline as you would expect from a Metal Slug game…..

Its Metal Slug just cut down for a portable handheld…….. which was the style at the time…….

Day 5 of the 2023 Gaming Advent Calendar was……..

Trivial Pursuit (1992 Domark) - Sega Master System - Board game

The video game adaptation of the board game……. And its actually not bad…… Though some of the information is well out of date….. Its very much a party game with no AI and the answers are outright given to you and you need to tell the game if you got the answer right or not which would work in a “party” environment…….

The graphics are nice and has a nice charm about it…… The game is hosted by a bird wearing a suit and bow tie that gives you both the questions and the answers…… Some questions are visual so having nice graphics does indeed help……. The sounds are good as well and that is required as some questions are sound cues and the bird host will play a tune on a “piano” related to the question…..

Overall I could see this being a good version of the game to play with “friends” in a “party” environment……. I dont have any friends and have never been to a party…… So dont take my word for it……. Though I can say that without AI this is no good to play on your own…...

Day 6 of the 2023 Gaming Advent Calendar was……..

Zero Wing (1991 Toaplan) - Sega Mega Drive - Shoot 'em up - Horizontal

Good this game is........ Game controls you well........ Eyes visuals for good time......… Joy ear noise…… Fun music good…… Tune chips an joy a ball……

Good is storyline......... Someone set up us the bomb.....…. Main screen turn on...... All your base are belong to us..... What you say??....... You have no chance to survive make your time........ Move ZIG....... Battle galaxy to save....... Ship well moves screen in..... Weapons are many........ Fire shot weapon normal....... Spread weapon legs like........ Weapon laser bright........ Weapon seek pigeon to home....… Up weapon grade boom bigger…...

Game good….. Play worthy…… Out check interested in shoot ships…… Linestory needed not….. Version arcade well fun play…… Up thumbs…… Play give go…….

Damn goddit lingpeng……..

Day 7 of the 2023 Gaming Advent Calendar was……..

Todd's Adventures in Slime World (1992 Atari) - Atari Lynx - Platformer

This is a very strange and weird game……. Todds movement and jumping takes a lot to get use too……. As well as the very awkward shooting as you weapon has massive drop off…… Well its more of a Dick Trickle than a Whistling Dick………

All the levels look basically the same……. So theres no real incentive to explore as theres not much new to see…… The game looks alright…. Todds sprite is very nice the slime looks very slimy…….. But as you would expect there is way to much green in this game……

Its a good game for a portable system such as the Atari Lynx…… Not a game to sit down and play for long sessions…… But for quick plays its perfectly fine……..

Day 8 of the 2023 Gaming Advent Calendar was……..

Daytona USA (1995 Sega) - Sega Saturn - Sports (Racing)

What a let down this was…… I remember Daytona USA being really good…… I had the PC version back in the day and of course played it in the arcade and it was great…… This is just a very poor port….. Graphics look shite…… Sounds are good…… Controls are really really twitchy…… Im sure you get get use to them and it might be ok…… But you would need lots of time…….

Listen to the soundtrack instead…… Its the best part of the game……… Seega did a really poor job with this……. Play Sega Rally Championship instead……

The Road To PES Penguin 6

The road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is at 1750 PES points out of 5000……….

Next week…… There will be more hardcore modified Dick Trickle racing action in NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona……. Touring car racing in Race 07…….. 2023 Gaming Advent Calendar…….. And more PES Penguin 6……….

Well thats it from me…… Hope all you tuxers have a good week……

Now for my bad joke of the week……
Q: What did Mrs Claus say when she looked at the sky???........
A: Looks like rain-dear.......
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*

Last edited by StoneColdSpider on 8 December 2023 at 9:31 pm UTC
Pengling Dec 8, 2023

B.C. Bill drags a burgersaurus off to be cooked.

I recently remembered the long-forgotten name of an old game that a cousin used to have for their Commodore 64, which we used to play whenever I visited, after discovering by chance that it's now on Steam for peanuts. The game is B.C. Bill, and it's one of my picks for this week. Trying to remember the name had been driving me nuts for decades! I remembered the game itself very clearly, luckily - it was just the name that eluded me. And, even better, it's just as good as I remembered.

B.C. Bill is a fun little arcade-style game which was available on numerous British home-microcomputers, though the Steam release only includes the Commodore 64 and ZX Spectrum versions, which it can be fairly assumed are likely to have been the most popular. The game has appealing cute graphics, and a theme that was very popular at the time*, and the C64 version has some really catchy music, to boot. The game sees the titular caveman having to gather food, defeat dinosaurs, and find wives, and he solves all of these problems using a wooden club, as cartoony cavemen tend to do.

*Whatever happened to cavemen being a popular theme for video games, anyway? When I was growing up, it was the basis for a lot of titles (off the top of my head, I can immediately think of this one, Tomy's Caveman tabletop game, Wonder Boy/Adventure Island, Joe & Mac - Caveman Ninja, Big Nose the Caveman, Caveman Ugh-lympics, and plenty of games based on Hanna-Barbera's The Flintstones, some of which became memes through no fault of their own, and there are surely plenty more besides that aren't immediately springing to mind), and yet it feels like it very suddenly disappeared early on in the 32-bit/64-bit/early-3D-accelerated-PCs era of gaming, aside from occasionally showing up as a world-theme in a few titles in certain genres. Hell, even Bonk 64/Ultra Genjin was cancelled and reworked into Bomberman Hero!

Talk about fast food!

I have to give a special shout-out to the prey "animals" that must be caught and cooked to feed B.C. Bill and his family: They're animaloid fast-food items, sausages, and pork-pies! This is a fun and imaginative idea, of the sort that we don't see so often in gaming today. (Indeed, we rarely see fast-food items as a pick-up in games nowadays, but it was very common in 1980s arcade and arcade-style games.)

Ridin' kangaroos!

I'm also happy to say that I've ended up discovering a real hidden-gem of a racing game - though it's not one that we're likely to see Mr. Trickle driving in.

Legally distinct from Ayrton Senna. Honest.

It does include an Ayrton Senna tribute in the form of Mach Bomber, though!

Even though I was hugely into the PlayStation when this title was current, it simply wasn't covered by the press or promoted at all, and I didn't even know that it existed until very recently. It is Bomberman Fantasy Race, an on-foot mascot-led racer, where Bomberman and some of his relatives, friends, rivals, and enemies pay a visit to a space-station theme-park where they race on the backs of Louies (kangaroos) and Tirras (dinosaurs). It's exactly the sort of thing that I would've sunk a lot of time into back then had I known that it was out there, so I'm really happy to have discovered it now - better late than never!

For those familiar with Sonic R (Saturn/Windows 95), it's very much along those lines, but with much nicer handling - though, interestingly, Bomberman Fantasy Race was released only nine months after Sonic R, so it was more likely to have been a case of parallel-development than something that sought to improve upon the earlier game.

Anyway, it's really good fun, and I'm glad that I found it.

Bomberman's and Pommy's daring escape through the sewers of Prison Planet Alcatraz hits a snag...

Last, but certainly not least, is Bomberman 64: The Second Attack! (Nintendo 64), which I'm revisiting after first playing it around a year ago. It's a fun-but-flawed game, with some of the typical irritations from the era, such as unintuitive features that appear to have been intended to help sell players' guides and some overly-large spaces that exist only to waste time because the mere act of walking around in 3D was considered impressive by some back then. I suspect that, going back in knowing about these flaws in advance, I'll enjoy this revisit more.

This game starts out with Bomberman, aided by Pommy (a cute and funny little creature who is a combined parody of Kirby, Pikachu, and the tradition of cute JRPG mascots), escaping imprisonment by an enemy army after his ship is pulled into a black hole where it just so happens that their base is located. Soon, it becomes clear that this isn't just some small-time operation, and ultimately it escalates into a saga involving a set of Elemental Stones, a goddess and a demon who are the split halves of the Angel who created the universe, and the goddess' seven knights.

Though the game has some imperfect mechanics and design-elements, the writing is superb throughout, and even though full voice-acting still wasn't common in video games at the time (and this was looooong before the wonderful current Bomberman-series voice-actors were cast), the characters' "voices" are all clear and well-defined, thanks to an excellent, characterful localisation with pretty punchy text, and well-used short voice-clips that were left in from the Japanese version of the game. There's lots of great lore and worldbuilding in here, and plenty of big personalities, too - though sadly, thanks to this game selling poorly due to being a very late release on a console that never did as well as projected (and which a lot of Japanese fans skipped entirely, opting to stick with the SNES or purchase rival hardware instead), none of it has ever been revisited.

This game has by far the best writing in any Bomberman game of that era, and aside from its annoying elements it's pretty damn fun - it deserves far better recognition than it has. A modern remake that irons out the game's issues would be very welcome indeed!

[+..••] Other stuff that I played this week;

Crash Bandicoot 2 (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy) (Proton)

Jail Escape (Minetest ) (Native Linux)

Placid Plastic Duck Simulator (Proton)

Stardew Valley (Native Linux)

Super Bomberman R 2 (Proton)

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderSulivan was not happy with that and flipped Dick the bird as he went past “Im the former number one” says Jason Sulivan……
HAHA!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderJust as the interview ends Jason Sulivan makes his way over yelling obscenities at Dick……. Dick yells obscenities back along with Pussy Galore who has a real mouth on her…… A lady like her shouldnt know those words…….
This always makes me laugh.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderAnd for the major announcement I mentioned earlier……. Left Turn Heaven will now be on a different network……. Starting next week Left Turn Heaven will be broadcasted by the major motor racing network “Crass Racing Association Programming”……

The CRAP Network has been a major network in motor racing programming for many years and its a pleasure and a privilege to be working with such a highly regarded and professional organisation…… We hope you will join us on our new adventure with CRAP…….
HAHAHA! Excellent, love it!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderTrivial Pursuit (1992 Domark) - Sega Master System - Board game

The video game adaptation of the board game……. And its actually not bad…… Though some of the information is well out of date….. Its very much a party game with no AI and the answers are outright given to you and you need to tell the game if you got the answer right or not which would work in a “party” environment…….
I was actually really happy to see this one in your original Advent Calendar list, because as a youngster I had the earlier Commodore 64 release by the same developer, and found it to be an excellent adaptation back when it was still in-date. In fact, I still have it, along with my Commodore 64.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderZero Wing (1991 Toaplan) - Sega Mega Drive - Shoot 'em up - Horizontal

Good this game is........ Game controls you well........ Eyes visuals for good time......… Joy ear noise…… Fun music good…… Tune chips an joy a ball……

Good is storyline......... Someone set up us the bomb.....….
That miiiiiiight have been me and my robot.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGame good….. Play worthy…… Out check interested in shoot ships…… Linestory needed not….. Version arcade well fun play…… Up thumbs…… Play give go…….

Damn goddit lingpeng……..
HAHAHAHAHA!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNow for my bad joke of the week……
Q: What did Mrs Claus say when she looked at the sky???........
A: Looks like rain-dear.......
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Great one!

Last edited by Pengling on 9 December 2023 at 12:39 am UTC
StoneColdSpider Dec 11, 2023
Quoting: PenglingB.C. Bill drags a burgersaurus off to be cooked.
Never heard of that dinosaur....... Im sure Ashens knows of it......

Quoting: PenglingRidin' kangaroos!
I still get annoyed that these are called Kangaroos...... Wrong colour....... Kangaroos cant walk/run....... And kangaroos have long tails.......

Quoting: PenglingLegally distinct from Ayrton Senna. Honest.
Wow... that is only JUST legally distinct.......

Quoting: PenglingBomberman's and Pommy's daring escape through the sewers of Prison Planet Alcatraz hits a snag...
Why cant bomeberman just drown the little bastard???......

Quoting: PenglingThis game has by far the best writing in any Bomberman game of that era
So its better written that Metal Gear Solid 2???......

Quoting: PenglingPlacid Plastic Duck Simulator (Proton)
That is one scary looking Zamboni....... Looks like a scene from a horror movie......

Quoting: PenglingStardew Valley (Native Linux)
Im surprised its not a screenshot of you playing the arcade games in the bar.......

Quoting: PenglingSuper Bomberman R 2 (Proton)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!....

Quoting: PenglingThis always makes me laugh.
Thats good I always try and make my posts funny

Quoting: PenglingHAHAHA! Excellent, love it!
Tune in next week..... Same CRAP time..... Same CRAP channel......

Quoting: PenglingI was actually really happy to see this one in your original Advent Calendar list, because as a youngster I had the earlier Commodore 64 release by the same developer, and found it to be an excellent adaptation back when it was still in-date. In fact, I still have it, along with my Commodore 64.
I was surprised with how good it is....... It really is a good version of the board game...... Just with no AI.......

Quoting: PenglingThat miiiiiiight have been me and my robot.
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!....

Quoting: PenglingGreat one!
Next weeks is just as good.....
Pengling Dec 12, 2023
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNever heard of that dinosaur....... Im sure Ashens knows of it......
I wonder if they're microwaveable?

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderI still get annoyed that these are called Kangaroos...... Wrong colour....... Kangaroos cant walk/run....... And kangaroos have long tails.......
Well, really, they never are - they're Louies. Referring to them as "kangaroos" or "space-kangaroos" mainly comes from fans and magazines, for the sake of clarity.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderWow... that is only JUST legally distinct.......
Yeah - it's even more surprising given how approvals processes for games of that time were, as I understand it, quite thorough.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderWhy cant bomeberman just drown the little bastard???......
You'd be forgiven for thinking that - Pommy is a smug little git early on in the game!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderSo its better written that Metal Gear Solid 2???......
Far, FAR better. There's no "I LIVE ON THROUGH THIS ARM!" here.

... Or ballerina-twirling vampires. Or a child capable of building atomic-bombs. Or La-li-lu-le-lo. Or pointing at one's bandana and straight-facedly stating that it grants infinite ammunition like an in-game item in the previous game. Or "I've been waiting inside this arm all along, waiting for the right time to awaken."...

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderThat is one scary looking Zamboni....... Looks like a scene from a horror movie......
It just pushes the ducks across the frozen pond, really!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderIm surprised its not a screenshot of you playing the arcade games in the bar.......
I'll get to it at some point.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!....

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderTune in next week..... Same CRAP time..... Same CRAP channel......
HAHAHAHAHA!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderI was surprised with how good it is....... It really is a good version of the board game...... Just with no AI.......
I do wonder how it could feasibly be done with a game like that. Maybe it can't?

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!....
(Part 2.)

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNext weeks is just as good.....
We shall see!

Last edited by Pengling on 12 December 2023 at 12:28 am UTC
StoneColdSpider Dec 14, 2023
Quoting: PenglingI wonder if they're microwaveable?
Did they have microwaves back then???....... imagine the soggy bread from a microwaved hamburger........

Quoting: PenglingWell, really, they never are - they're Louies. Referring to them as "kangaroos" or "space-kangaroos" mainly comes from fans and magazines, for the sake of clarity.
Well you better stop culturally appropriating the term "Kangaroo"....... Or youll get..... The boot....

Quoting: PenglingYeah - it's even more surprising given how approvals processes for games of that time were, as I understand it, quite thorough.
Yeah even more so with Senna since his family where/are very strict on protecting the Senna IP........

Quoting: PenglingYou'd be forgiven for thinking that - Pommy is a smug little git early on in the game!
Well he would be..... He is a pom......

Quoting: PenglingFar, FAR better. There's no "I LIVE ON THROUGH THIS ARM!" here.
"I LIVE ON THROUGH THIS PENIS....... IVE BEEN WAITING TO ERECT MY PLAN!!!!!......."

Quoting: PenglingIt just pushes the ducks across the frozen pond, really!
It looks way more menacing than that....... It really does....

Quoting: PenglingI'll get to it at some point.
Im sure your already there......

Quoting: PenglingI do wonder how it could feasibly be done with a game like that. Maybe it can't?
Could be quite easy..... Just give the AI a % to get the answer wrong....... Higher the difficulty the less % chance of getting the question wrong........ The AI can move with the die the same way the player does.........

Quoting: PenglingWe shall see!
Yes you will...... Unless I die before then and never post it....... Then you wont see........
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.