Called the Worldgen and Geology Update, version 1.9 of Vintage Story has hit stable and brings with it a number of new additions to the already in-depth game.
You can see some of the new stuff in a gameplay video from the developer below:
Among the most noteworthy additions are:
- A new panning mechanic, where players can use an ore pan to discover nuggets and other rare resources by sifting sand and gravel
- Traders and villages
- Realistic climate bands
- Public server listings for the multiplayer-inclined, so you can play with or against people
- Revamped world-gen features, including biome bands and much more interesting caves
- An updated UI for easier interaction with the world
- 16 new rock types and 16 new ores
- And much, much more!
To say this is a huge update might actually be underselling it a bit, the amount that's changed is utterly ridiculous. Keeping a very close eye on this one, each update sounds fantastic. While it might resemble Minecraft, the way you interact with the world seems very different.
With thanks to the original submission from Draconicrose!