Studio Aurum and SOEDESCO have announced that the dark monster taming game inspired by Pokemon, Monster Crown, will be launching in Early Access on July 31.
On top of that and quite excitingly, it's also going to be playable during the Steam Game Festival which is now running from June 16 - 22. I spoke to Studio Aurum today, who confirmed Linux support for both builds of the game so that's awesome.
They also sent out a new trailer:
More about it:
Unravel Crown Island’s dark, cruel story as you create your own monster legacy. With a history of sadistic rulers and heroic saviors, the island faces another threat in the form of a malicious young woman seeking power. It’s up to you and the monsters you make pacts with to prevent the return of tyranny. Will your decisions make you a savior, or a dark messiah?
- Make pacts with monsters to receive their protection in return for shelter
- Breed and fuse over 200 base monsters to create your own new species
- Travel across Crown Island with your monster allies to uncover a dark world.
- Make a pivotal decision that will drastically change the ending and post-game.
- Play online to battle and trade, and have your new species reach across the globe.
I actually backed this on Kickstarter and have been playing the early backer builds here and there, it's shaping up to be quite an interesting addition to the monster capturing genre. Nice to see a more adult take on it too while keeping the classic style.
Going by the update they also posted on Kickstarter, it seems backers will get an Early Access Steam key. The online features are going to be fun to try out.
Follow Monster Crown on Steam.