It's been a little while since Valheim got a patch and it seems the developers have been busy, with the latest patch out now with one massive improvement.
Valheim has proven popular, obviously since it was selling millions each week recently but it seems they may have underestimated what people would be building in the game. They've now developed a whole new terrain-modification system - however, you shouldn't notice any difference. They say it was made to "reduce the number of network instances and make loading faster and smoother" along with minor changes to the hoe and pickaxe along with smoother loading "of areas with a lot of terrain modifications".
Here's what else changed:
- Swamp draugr spawner location fix to prevent draugrs from spawning inside stones
- Lox pet-sfx fix
- Torches in locations should no longer support constructions
- Dolmen location stone size fix
- New terrain modification system
- Terrain-modification priority changed (Terrain modifications in an area should load before buildings, only applies to the new terrain modification system)
- World loading tweaks (to fix issues with ships and buildings getting damaged while loading)
- Stop server list download when leaving the start menu (to decrease network bandwidth usage)
- Lowered the amount of stone required to Raise ground using the hoe
The draugr spawning fixes is going to be very welcome. I've lost count of the amount of times a draugr archer inside a stone shot me to death - very annoying. Should make the Swamp a bit less brutal. Less stone to raise the ground is a good one too, that should please players making big builds without creative modes.
Now that such a major back-end upgrade is out, what are you hoping for in the next content update?
You can buy Valheim on Steam.