Gaming Minds Studios and Kalypso Media have released Railway Empire - Japan, the latest DLC pack for the popular rail-network building and management sim.
Railway Empire - Japan transports the series to late-1800s Japan where an industrial revolution is booming and the people are crying out for a nationwide railway. After the successful restoration of the Meiji rule, the Land of the Rising Sun’s long-term ambition to develop its own modern, nationwide railway network has become a reality and people from formerly feudal regions are yearning to travel to booming metropolises. Players can lay tracks between mountains and hot springs, using foresight, planning and clever strategy to establish a railway network and facilitate the 'great commute', moving Japan into a new industrial age.
- 2 new scenarios: ‘Rising Sun’(1870 – 1890) and ‘Twisted Paths’ (1900 - 1920)
- Map expansion: 3 new maps of “Japan” (All, Mid and South) available in Free Game and Sandbox modes.
- 8 historical engines including the D51 Degoichi, Class 9600 Kyuroku and Class 8620 Hachiroku
- 28 new tradeable goods (e. g. sake and rice) and 35 more cities to discover.
- Added ‘ticket’ feature playable on all Railway Empire maps - cater to tourists and commuters to increase your profits.
- 11 iconic Japanese landmarks including Osaka Castle, Hells of Beppu and the Itsukushima Shrine
- New music, buildings and reworked mini portraits for characters